Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

shrimps colour

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i realised before i moved my cherry red shrimps to my 2ft planted tank, they are in a tank like this....

then i move to here .....

and in the first tank, 90% of their body colour appear to be like this.....

and after i moved to the second tank, 80% turn out to be like this!!

their body colour got so much redder than before. i thought i bought lots of orange shrimp back then but realise orange shrimp got a hump back like ghost shrimp. so i just accept that maybe i got those really wild cherry red which is not red. but now im so glad that they are showing their "true colour"!

does the enviroment really affect their body colour? like heavily planted tank make them feel safer(like fishes?) thus they are more calm and body colour tend to come out more? i only know this affect fishes but not sure for shrimps as i just started shrimps keeping like 2 months ago ?

please give pointer? thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: shrimps colour

is there a change of substract? are you using black quartz in your first tank cause cant see clearly since its very black.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

maybe they like a greener environment... hehe...
    some not-yet-mature females tend to be orangy too, i have a few like that.
    perhaps they are older now .
    (even some of my offspring sakuras are orangy in colour - the mom's red, perhaps due to inbreeding... sigh)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Red Shrimp View Post
    is there a change of substract? are you using black quartz in your first tank cause cant see clearly since its very black.
    yup im using black quartz in my first tank. and lapis in the second one. they just tend to show more of their colour in a brighter colour tank. hmm...i read about cherry red and most people say they will show more in a dark enviroment but all my shrimps doesnt but instead prefer bright enviroment -_- someone please explain to me is it my shrimps got funny habit or is it because of the plants? so i can do some arrangement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

second tank got soil so somehow it alters the ph level maybe it just nice for ur shrimps. for singapore water ph level can get as high as ph 8 depending which area u are.