Singapore

Where to get Rasbora and Rams?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    thx

Feedback Score
    What kind of Rasbora(Bororas)? espei? hetromorpha? maculata? I'm assuming you're looking for the more common ones, the hetromorpha, also know as the Harlequin Rasbora. Most LFS have them, but for sure, Biotope has them. For rams I'm not too sure.
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I got a blue ram almost an inch to give. Self collect in Pasir Ris. PM me if u want
    ... always look at the bright side of life

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Biotope has quite a number of rarer rasboras and barbs. If you have a quiet tank (heavily planted) can try the Sundadanio axelrodi 'blue' and Boraras maculata. If you want fast swimming ones can try Rasbora vulcanus and Puntius pentazona rhomboocellata, both very rare.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oh, some one in this forum was trying to sell 25 surplus Sundadanio axelrodi 'blue'.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wah... i didnt know there r so many kind...

basically i am looking for the one that amano uses alot in his small tanks...
    what i want is the small type... the smaller the better cos i am thinking of setting up a very small tank, about 1.5 ft
    which type you guys recommend?

how about rams?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Harlequin Rasbora[:]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    For rams, you can try Tiong Bahru and C328. I would strongly recommend you to get your rams 4-6weeks after adding other fishes (rasboras, tetras, etc). They are very sensitive to poor water conditions and fatality can be very high (say 100%) in a new tank.
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    if you really want them very small, go for the Boraras such as the exclaimation point (urophthalmoides), pgymy (maculata) or the best will be Brigitte's rasbora (brigittae) because it is very very red. exclaimation points available at biotope, pgymy available at biotope and TB Ben, the brigittae is rather hard to find, I don't know where it is available. These are no more than 5-15mm each, so you can still put in a good shoal of 20 even for small tanks.

On the other hand, some one here is still trying to sell his surplus Sundadanio axelrodi 'blue' which is rasbora-like, very small and beautiful blue colour. Check out the thread "WTS Rasbora axelrodi".