Thread: white spot medication in planted tank

Feedback Score

white spot medication in planted tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Will putting in the above medication in a planted tank have any ill effects on the plants? My cardinals are all infected with white spots. Have also spread to the dwarf rams as well.. Have tried catching them all out but it's real tedious due to size of tank. Exams on Monday so no time to drain tank of water.

Please advise.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    you may want to check out the white spot med from interpet......they could be bio and plant safe....have you tried salt?
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 4/20/2003 8:11:14 PM

you may want to check out the white spot med from interpet......they could be bio and plant safe....have you tried salt?
    ----------------
    thanks david... where's interpet? In any case i've already taken out all my cardinals, threadfins and ballon ram and place them in another tank. However, it would seem that the medicine only serve to increase the rate at which they die...

As for salt? How much should i put in? What type of salt can i use? Normal table salt can do? Or can i use marine salt to substitute for aquarium salt?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    interpet is a brand of medicine available in some LFS. Try going to the Search link and search for 'white spot' under the Medical Room section.... you should find more info on salt treatment there.