Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are making changes to the marketplace..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: We are making changes to the marketplace..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Stan,

The last thing I would tell you is my time is more precious than yours. That would make me an idiot because everybody's time is precious.
    you make felix sad, that would not make you an idiot. It just means besides your hobby you have another passion within you that just make you special and never, NEVER an idiot.

I'll eagerly await to see the changes to be done and stop before i become "Super post member". Keep it up
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi benny,

Some ideas for consideration:

1. Automatically close Sale Thread after a certain number of days eg. 3, 5 or 7 days. (Since we seldom browse beyond the first few pages, especially not knowing whether the sales is still valid after a few days) Seller should also be encouraged to close their sale thread after the items has been sold.

2. Seller will post a new sale thread after his current thread closed, if the sales is still valid, with updated sale information. eg: Seller initially selling 5 items. 3 got sold and balanced with 2 items. Seller just create a new sales thread to sell the 2 items, rather than the current Sold Sold Sold with all the 5 items.

3. All closed thread to be automatically moved into a Closed Thread sub-forum. Ideally, all threads in the Marketplace main forum should only be valid current sale threads. This will greatly reduced the number of pages for buyers to browse and at the same time reduce the need to upz sale thread for seller.

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

maybe seperate the "want to buy" threads into a new section where newbies with less than 10 posts can start a thread too. this way, sellers who need to get rid of items quickly and not wanting to wait 3 days to start a new thread can browse through it in the mean time.

only con that i can think of is that people would start being lazy and post "want to buy threads" instead of looking through "want to sell threads"

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Getting rid of the "BUMP" is a very good idea!

Also I would recommend splitting the categories into several sections. This way someone selling a shrimp does not have to compete with someone selling a filter etc.
    I see this on other forums here in BKK and it seems to work quite well.

Automatically closing the thread, should not be done too quickly. Lots of us have things to sell but little time to market!
    That does not mean they are no longer available. So the over zealous should not take all the benefit.
    Those who "BUMP" make the market-place very unpleasant for other legitimate sellers/buyers.
    * MoZ Aquatics
    * Contact person: Mosiah (Mo)
    * Telephone number(s): cell: 086-8844287
    * Business address: Sukhumvit 77Rd. Bangkok, Thailand 10250
    * Email: [email protected]

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Benny,

I saw Some Oversea forum only allow 1 selling thread for each member, which member can edit and update their selling thread as and when need to update new items.

If a forum don't have buy/sell thread will it be better?

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Hi guys,

We are making some changes to the marketplace to make it a more pleasant and positive experience. Please bear with us during the interim period for the inconvenience caused.

For a start, all posts in the (Aquarium and Non-aquatic) marketplace will be displayed based on the origination time of the thread. This will mean that it can no longer be pushed up with the irittating 'upz' methods. Accounts posting the same items for sale several times a day in an attempt to circumvent the above will be automatically suspended for 30 days. I would suggest that if your item does not sell, you may repost it after 3 days.

We are also considering restricting replies to the marketplace threads so that it will be done through e-mails and PM. This will reduce inconvenience to other users. Sellers and merchants will have to be much more detailed in their descriptions if they don't want their mailboxes flooded with the same questions.

As usual, all threads/post containing SMS or IM lingo will be deleted without prior notice. Please take note.

We are also re-drafting a clearer guideline for the marketplace to prevent abuse. Watch for it.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I can feel your disagreed , looking at your 81 posts .
    More than 50 posts are selling, by selling more in posting does not mean you contribute more in forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlpha View Post
    Hi Mod Benny,

I feel that 3 days might be a little long if a particular person have to sell off an aquarium livestock/equipment urgently like family not allowing to keep that particular aquarium item or tank leaking etc.

Maybe you can allow this "UPz" thing,but for every 12 hours or so?
    Having this,you will not worry about a particular thread that has been spamming countlessly everyday.

Please consider about this.

Regards and thank you for reading.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    The option to close your own thread is always there under thread options on the top right. Many users are just to lazy to execute the few clicks themselves.
    I didn't realise this option but will definitely look at it so as to reduce the unnecessary work load of the moderators. If only the close function is prominent, I'll still do my due diligence to find it.

Good function there.

I think allowing sellers to update with valid information or to update the status of sale is good. UPs or BUMPS is really unnecessary as mentioned, if the goods is still not sold after awhile, it just means pricing isn't right or also, the person could have too many to sell. How about allowing people to bring up the sales with certain limitation, example, twice at most? Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Merviso View Post
    1. Automatically close Sale Thread after a certain number of days eg. 3, 5 or 7 days. (Since we seldom browse beyond the first few pages
    That came to mind too. Instead of days, maybe 2 weeks would be good.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I am all for stopping the use of needless thread bumps in the marketplace. It does nothing but decrease the signal to noise ratio of any forum.

It has made the buy/sell areas of other local forums (like VR Zone) a total joke, with some of their users pushing their threads up every hour.

I believe that the merits of the product on sale and the price of item should be what sells it, not trying to get your (possibly overpriced) items as much exposure as possible until a sucker comes along.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Hi Moderators, to me, just discuss among yourselves and decide what to do and what not to do. I always have these words in mind "everything has it's pros and cons". So, either way, I'll still enjoy being an AQ'er!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

True eddy. We can just make a decision. But AQ is much your place as it is ours and some of our members do contribute some great suggestions sometimes.

Keep them coming!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Moderators,

The new rules seems to be nicely in effect.
    Keep the good ones coming ok?

Cheers
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks felix! We're 'chugging' along, slowly, but surely....

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hi all,

was wondering if my idea will work:

1. maybe we can have members listing their stuff for sale under permanent sub-listing of sales thread such as "canister filter'', ''hang-on filter'', ''air pumps'' etc. members selling canister filter will list their item(with conditions, selling price, contact etc) under same thread, it'll be easier for buyers to find what they want instead of going through individual seller's thread.

or

2. each member will have or entitle to start a sales/buy thread only, where they'll update accordingly if they have new stuff to sell or want to buy.

i'll prefer first suggestion as it'll be more user friendly and save everyones' time/effort.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think categorization by products/brands is better than by seller.
    It is easier to compare, and also see availability of that particular product.
    It will be quite hard to browse through all sellers to look for a particular items.

Cheers, Christophe
    ~ Ā q u ã O b s έ Ş Ş i ŏ ŋ ~
    Once you pop, You can't Stop
    http://aquaobsession.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12