Thread: "HELP, HELP"

Feedback Score

"HELP, HELP"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all experts out there,

I have some doubts here, need you guys to enlighten it.

Q1: What's e difference between White/Red/Blue Pl light tubes? Why are there so many colours of e tubes?

Q2: Which colour PL light tube should i use to have max growth of the plants eg. riccia? [my PL lights are 2 x 55W)

Appreciated & tks for all help!
    Cheers!
    New2Planting[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    For lighting most of us are using white daylight tubes. They are also known as 6500K temperature tubes. Blue tubes are not encouraged to use as these noormally atract algae. IMO, stick to white tubes. They look good and natural.

To know which lighting is good for you, you must first tell us more on your setup e.g. tank size/dimension. Riccia are light demanding plant and normally we would go for 3 watts pre gallon (W/g) with a good supply of CO2.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Hi Sherwin,

Thanks for replying & provide me which all these informations. Tank: 2FT x 1.5F x 1.5FT. Plants: Riccia & Christmas Moss. Lights: 1 x 55W White PL light tube & 2 x 18W FL Dennerle light tubes. Fishes: 45. Temperature: 26-28 wif 2 x 12v DC CPU Fan. Filter: Eheim Classic 2213 & Eheim Aquaball 2208. Fertilizer: JBL ground Fertilizer & Full set of Dennerle (consist of Gold-7, E15, V30, S7, FB7, TR7 & Bio-Grun).
    Are all these information sufficient?

With Regards,
    New2Planting

Feedback Score
    Amendment informations for e previous posting:

Sorry Sherwin, this should be e most accurate info of my tank.

Tank: 2FT x 1.5F x 1.5FT. (Full Set tank with hood & cabinet)
    Plants: Riccia & Christmas Moss.
    Lights: 1 x 55W White PL light tube & 2 x 18W FL Dennerle light tubes.
    Fishes: 45.
    Temperature: 26-28 wif 2 x 12v DC CPU Fan.
    Filter: Eheim Classic 2213 & Eheim Aquaball 2208.
    Co2: 2 bubble count per sec with JBJ Gold Bubble counter inbuilt with check valve
    Fertilizer: JBL ground Fertilizer & Full set of Dennerle (consist of Gold-7, E15, V30, S7, FB7, TR7 & Bio-Grun).

Are all these information sufficient? Could u provide me wif more advice as in how to further improve e tank or anything i done wrong/not sufficient for the tank set-up?

With Regards,
    New2Planting

I have 3.3 wpg on my tank using 1/3 5300k and 2/3 6400k.
    I am also about to experiemnt with some at 9375k.

Most plants prefer the 5-7000k range for good growth and bulbs in this range have an excellent balance of color simulating daylihgt.

Actinic (blue) bulbs are for reef aquariums and generally do not have much of a use in planted aquaria.

Some people (escpecially converting reefers) will use 10000k white to good effect but most convert to the lower kelvin range. I am going to experiement with the GE Aqua ray bulbs at 9375k in order to provide some more blue to the spectrum. We'll see how it goes.
    James Hoftiezer

Tank Journal - Aquascape ( Latest / Archive )
    Tank Journal - Parts and Construction ( Latest / Archive )