Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

X-files!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Juz discovered that all my yamatos(abt 2-3 cm in size!!) gone..plus my mosqitoes shrimps.Left my wood shrimps.

Will apistos(5-6cm) eat shrimps, wat abt peal gourami(10cm) or ??? due to the recent hot spell, all died but cant find bodies lay??? Never really count or take note, but today I juz cant find my shrimps. Last week, they were juz crawling abt in my tank.... []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry to inform you that shrimps are apisto's favourite nightsnack.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Do you have driftwood in your tank? Do look under them or during lights off period with a small torch. Heard about apistos attacking shrimps but my female borelli never did touch any though.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Hi, when I started keeping kribs, ALL my malayans disappeared, no bodies, even after adding new batches of like 100 shrimps at a time, so I think maybe your apistos may have walloped your shrimps!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The last time the Krib attack all my shrimps,I saw them attacking the moment I introduce them to the tank, then I took out. But I thought apisto is peaceful w shrimps.

I was keeping together peacefully for a few weeks, till one fine day, they all dissappear!

Forget to mention will the big blue Badis badis(3 cm) attack shrimp? I saw them harassing the shrimp b4.

I wonder how my big yamato shrimps being fish food? It is so big, how to eat???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry to inform you also that Badis badis are carnivorous [] any shrimp that fits through its mouth probably will.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi hwchoy, I suspect the badis badis, but I only put one only. Although the mouth is small, as my shrimps is big, can it eat? Sorry , r u very sure, hope u dont mind, as I trying to find the culprit as I will b getting more shrimps.I was keeping apisto w my shrimps peacefully(can c my shrimps crawling here n there)till I introduce(I tnk) the badis badis?

Any apistos expert keeper keep shrimps and apsito peacefully?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am surprised your apisto didn't attack your shrimps. I was under the impression that apisto = no shrimps, but then I don't keep apisto so perhaps the hordes of apisto fans here might comment.

in any case, if you're going to mix carnivorous fishes with shrimps, be prepared to have your shrimps attacked, so I wouldn't buy the $18 crystal red if I were you. On the other hand, your shrimps could have died and the fishes snacked on the bodies?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    To play safe I hav already taken out the Badis badis. Thanks choy!

Any apisto bros can give some advice whether apisto can keep w shrimps??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [:] I can't seem to comprehend whats a apisto, so I did a lookup over the web. You might be interested to take a look at it. Seems like, it like to yum yum meaty stuff.
    http://members.rogers.com/nbridges/apistos.html

^^" dwarf cichlids..heh heh I am currently holding 2 buddies of my own, still observing and trying to capture more information abt these small babies.

Others:
    This one give u a pretty idea of its habitat profile.
    http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesw...sto_heaven.htm

Good Catalogue of fishes but no apistos or maybe I can't find them. Hee Hee.
    http://freshaquarium.miningco.com/li...y/bla_to_z.htm

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Did u put shrimps inside?? How big is yr apisto?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have 3 apistos in my planted tank together with a handful of yamatos. The apistos doesn't seem to be attacking the shrimp. Anyway my shrimp is abt 2.5cm average.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    zmzfam, is yr apisto big? How big. I got big apisto abt 5cm. I tnk I will introduce new shrimps and monitor the situation. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My agasizii wiped out all my wood shrimps and yamatos... left 1. Amazingly, that 1 had found a way to survive for some time already.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    heh BC, your apisto developed "feelings" for this shrimp

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bclee, yr fish must b v big to eat up a wood shrimp! Sob sob seems like cant keep shrimps w apisto liao....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have apisto (around 10 pairs) in a 4ft tank with lots of shrimp. these are mostly malayans and yamatoes, i don't have to replenish them much (about a 100 a month will do).

although the bag of 50 tiger shrimp i added last week seems to be missing.. hmm..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 5/12/2003 10:12:21 AM
    although the bag of 50 tiger shrimp i added last week seems to be missing.. hmm..

----------------
    tsk tsk tsk sibeh painful.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, my apisto developed a taste for shrimps.

I physically witness how my apisto killed and ate a shrimp.

The fish just strike the shrimp by its head. (The shrimp is too big for it to swallow whole.) He hang on to the struggling shrimp untill the shrimp dies. Then it will eat up the shrimp bit by bit.

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bclee,

I think I noe how yr wood shrimp die, as mine also go heaven liao!! sob sob. I think kana heat stroke ... faint....then see the apistos munching on the dead body. Witness it . Must put fan liao! These few weeks v hot!!! Whereas my others shrimps most likely to be munch up by my bigger apistos alive.

FYI, I had remove all my big apistos and then put more shrimps to see how izzit. Seems like the smaller apisto not so agressive. Any comments. Will not put small shrimps in but put giant yamatos in...plus cheap cheap malayan shrimps KEKE...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast