Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Tankmate for frontsa - Pleco

Tankmate for frontsa - Pleco

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi,

i'm planning to start a 3.5 ft frontsa tank and thought of adding pleco to clear up bottom wastes etc. does it really helps? what type of pleco do you guy recommend? i don't really like those pleco that sell in most lou han shops. i've seen those poka dots type with high price tag. do they grow to large size?

thanks

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    you might wana try Synodontis multipuntatus, i'm pretty sure i saw them at tiong bahru market , the shop next to wuhu.
    they are very good vacuum cleaners compared to plecos.
    S. multipuntatus is a tanganyikan catfish. If you insist on getting a pleco then i'd recommand bristlenose (easily gotten from petmart or maybe gans) and the royal pleco. these are two plecos that will survive in an african tank and proven to be useful when there's a brown algae problem. However my multipuntatus do eat brown algae too as what i've observed.
    A picture of S. Multipuntatus can be found here
    http://www.petfrd.com/db/details.php?image_id=180

Hope i was of some help.

Cheers!

thanks route for your help.

yes i think Synodontis multipuntatus will be my choice. but how large will it grow? how many should i get for 3.5 ft tank? btw how much is it?

thanks.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    if my memory didn't fail me, these fellows can grow up to 6". Unfortunately they don't come cheap, price is at $40+ for 1 and they do best in groups so i would recommand at least 3 in your tank.
    You can try Cichlids Forever at no.9 Simon rd , Jason the shop owner is selling them at a very cheap price but no stocks for now thou due to the SARS epidemic he is unable to fly overseas to get new stocks - well he insist on choosing only the best so he'll need to see the fishes for himself.

cheers!

thanks route!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    You can take a look at the new catfish profiles on my Lake Tanganyikan Cichlid site for further info!
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

thanks mez for the great website !!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    No problem...
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.