Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Ram are rubbing against the leave/plant ????

Feedback Score

Ram are rubbing against the leave/plant ????

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all experience bro and sis,,

would need advice that 2 or 3 of my ballon ram is rubbing against the leaves and plants occasionally, saw them rubbing and seem like their skin are iche !!!!!!!! also found out that the tails of the RAM are crumble together sometimes, and sadly that one of mine bigger ram dead yesderday and I believe that somethings must have gone wrong.
    Already done a 20 % water change contineous for 2 days already and following is the latest info....

Tank Dimensions (LxWxH): 4 x 1.5 x 1.5FT
    Tank Volume (litres or gallons): 200 litre or more
    Lighting Intensity(No of Watts) : 6 x 36W (2x36W and 4x36W)
    Type of Lighting (FL/PL/MH) : PL
    No. of Hours your light is on : 10 hours (1500hrs to 0100hrs)
    CO2 Injection Rate (bps) : 5 BPS
    Type of CO2 (DIY/Liquid/Tank) : 5L Tank w/ solenoid valve – same timer with PL light
    Method of Injection (e.g. Diffusor/Reactor): Internal Reactor - 3 ball type
    Substrate Used : (Holland River Sand ) Given by friend about 2 big red pails
    How Thick is your base fert : 1.2inch HEXA fm Taiwan Yellow container (3x from petmark – about 15kg)
    How thick is your gravel : 3 inch
    Liquid Fertilizers Used : TMG
    Frequency of fertilization : 10 ml after 30% water change
    Seachem – Flourish Potassium : 2mL after every water change
    Sera – Aqutan – VBC – stress protection = 5mL after every water change
    Sera Nitrives – 10mL 1 hrs after stress protection added
    Tank Temperature : 26.8 to 27.5 with cooling fan on – 27.6 to 28.5 w/o fan
    Cooling Fan : 2 VISTA cooling Fan : Switch on 2 hours before light on and 2 hours off after light off
    Type of Filter (overhead/internal/canister) : external canister
    Filter media used : Eheim 2226
    How long has your tank been set up : 08.03.2003
    Other equipment : Surface Skimmer

Chemical Properties (Fill what you can)
    ---------------------------------------
    Carbonate Hardness (KH): 4
    Total Hardness (gH):
    pH : 6.9 +/- 0.1
    NH4 (ppm):
    NO2 (ppm):
    NO3 (ppm):
    PO4 (ppm):
    Fe (ppm):

Bioload (Your Fish and Plants)
    ------------------------------
    75x Cardinal Tetra
    10x Neon Tetra
    28x Rummy Nose Tetra
    20x Rainbow
    10x Ballon Ram (Holland Ram)
    25x Oto
    10x Yamato
    100x Malayan Shrimp (just brought from gan 2 days ago)
    8x SAE
    2x Golden Sucker
    20x Lamp Eye

Plants
    Hairgrass, Glosso, Riccia ,Big, MMs and small nana, Japan hair Grass, water Lily and don’t know what plants see only and than just wack and plants whatever cheap and those that I like it

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    eddie,

hard to say for sure... maybe you could post a picture of your rams?
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    you may want to check your NO2 and NO3. Bioload in your tank is rather high. What is your frequency of water change....if its once a week, perhaps a 40% water change is ideal if your NO3 reading is about 30 to 40
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Thank allen for yr reply, finally someone response..........

Ok you can look at the last three pictures which I have just uploaded, have found 3 or 4 of them act differently......

You can compare with the previous pictures which I have taken earlier, which are very healthy....

Any advice are welcome and thanks in advance allen

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/f...che=1052313852

Feedback Score
    david, I change water once a weeks, and each time is 30% ... sometime is 4 or 5 days change once, but 20 or 30% water change only.....

Got no ideals for NO2 and NO3 , want to bvuy the test kits, but found that quite difficult to use and somemore quite ex U see....

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ichthyopthirius (ICH, white spot disease)

Cause:
    Symptoms:
    [1] - A few or many raised white spots, the size of grains of salt. Fish may scratch against gravel or stationary objects

Treatment
    Ichthyopthirius (ICH, white spot disease) - AP Liquid Super Ich Cure, AP Super Ich CureJungle Ick Guard / Ick Guard II

Ref: http://shell.pubnix.net/~spond/disea...eases.html#ich

Please check if it matches the above symptoms.

Feedback Score
    I think the symptons look like white spot, but really can't see the white spot, but when observe propely just feel that he fishes is actnormal...////

Ok if it's confirm that is white spot, should I take then out and isolate them in another tanks or should I just pour the AP liquid Super Ivh Cure inside the planted tanks ????

Advise really needed for this treatment...????

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Last time I quarantine 3 of em, all die within 3 hrs...but (10+) those treated in the tank recovered. I suggest that u dun quarantine any. If u need to quanrantine any...use small amt of fishes say less than 3 and observe. I still say treat the tank instead of quanrantine.

Feedback Score
    Ok if I treat inside my 4ft tanks, will it affect my plants ????
    will I have to stop co2 or light etc etc..?????????

How about those that are not affected ???? once i pour in the liquid will it affect my others fishes ???? because only found that these few ram are having problems ony....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Eddie, try using aquarium salt..it won't harm your plants as the concentration level is not high enough with the recommended dosage (1tbs per 5 gallon of tank water).
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    It is the one that petmark is selling at 50cents per packet ?????

You mean 1 teaspoon for 5 gallon of water...
    how about my tank size, about 200litre, how much you thinks i should pour in ????

If it 's not the one , can you tell me where can get ????

I found out one things , would it be my temp ??? have add another vista fans and temp maintain around 26.5 to 27 degree with fan on and 28.5 w/o fan ??????

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    As long as those salt are being sold in a LFS and are fine grade, they can be used.

Fishes fall sick when they are stress possibility from transport shock..poor initial living conditions (the tank they live in before they were bought)..poor water conditions and etc. A common saying is that grow plants well and they will take care of your fishes...pretty true. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    eddie,

ok first off, I didn't manage to see the pics... requires me to register with arofan, which I'd rather not do... but judgeing from what others say, it could be ich... in which case I would say the current advise is pretty ok. i.e. treat your fishes in tank, and then add salt. I usually add salt gradually... i.e. 1 tablespoon/10G, then increases over 1-2 days to 1 tbsp/5G. Also, if you have a chiller, switch it off. Its best to keep the temperature of the tank at about >28-30C which will help in accelerating the life cycle of ich.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Thanks Guys for all your valueable informations and experiences, had already added 4 small kopi O tea spoonfull of aquarium salts into the tanks will see how it's go , and really hope that it will works....

Thanks You very much

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ermmm..Eddie..not teaspoon...tablespoon ah! For 200litres of tank water (confirm is 200l of tank water and not the whole tank dimension), add 10 tablespoon of salt. Replace back the amount of salt when you do water changes..(e.g 50% water change..add back 5 tablespoon of salt for your case). Keep up with the salt level in the tank even after the ich has gone for 2 weeks to be on the safe side. (It might shows signs of worsening like lots of white spots seen on your infected fishes but do not worry as those tormites can only be killed after they have left the fishes body...)

Feedback Score
    OKOK Thanks peter, will add in many more [] [] [] The next things, I worry is that will it affect my plants ???????? Had been told by friends and LFS that planted tanks should not add in any SALTs at all ????????
    A bit confuse le........

Any good advice ???????

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    In general salt is not recommended for planted tanks. So your friends are right about that. However, most plants tolerate salt levels up to 1 tablespoon/5G relatively well... This is the level I work with when dosing against ich. After the problem is resolved, you let the salt level dilute as you do water changes.
    Allen