Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Hajo help

Hajo help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have a medium sized male Maylandian Hajomaylandi, who came to me from someone who did not take very good care of him. He had three large lumps on his nose (between his eyes) that were red and seemingly growing larger, as well as a large purple/black mass of lumps at the base of his tail. I put him in a 16 gallon tank. I believed these lumps to be neglected fighting injuries, and had him in the tank with Melafix for seven days for treatment....

I had to move the tank yesterday because of an electrical problem (the outlet stopped working) and two of the lumps on his nose BURST!! I did not see anything come out of them, but the skin underneath was red and looked raw... After I set the tank up again, I began adding aquarium salt instead of Melafix. I also have increased the temperature to 78', and turned the aeration up to full.

Today I have added 1.5 Tbsp of salt, and the third (smallest)lump has almost disappeared. The two that burst look to be healing up okay (little craters in his face), no change to his tail... He is acting more normal now than he ever has!! I have added a clay pot for him to hide in, and he uses it, but he likes to come out and look around more than hide!! He has eaten through this whole thing, and his fins/eyes look fine...

I have asked around about these lumps, and I must admit that I was beginning to suspect they were tumors. But now, after the bursting thing I am again looking for anyone with an idea as to what the heck this might be!!

Please, if you have any idea what is going on.... any experience with something similar- good or bad.. any suggestions as to what to do, HELP THIS FISH!!

Thank you,
    L.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    it might be nodular disease which is a kind of parasite and the growth might be the cysts where the spores r..

or it might be fish pox, if its the waxy kind of growth. lucky thing is its not infectious and the fish will not suffer anything from it, even if it is cured.. it will still recur again..