Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: po4

po4

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    sorry need some advise on p04...wat product can i buy to increase po4???

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If your tank is small, you can try Seachem Phosphorus but the cheaper alternative is definitely KH2PO4 from Dr Mallick (Last you a lifetime! ..imagine only a few rice grain only each time..hahaha)
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

sorry but is it easily available??? cos just went to petmart they tell me they dont have anything 4 po4

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you only intend to visit one and only LFS and say cannot find then I got nothing to say. Nature Aquarium opposite thomson medical center carries Seachem Phosphorus whereas Dr Mallick's main outlet at crawford lane manned by Mr Fong sells KH2PO4.

thanks but anyway maybe i miss interpret.....but i went to a few top aquarium but to no valid that is the reason i ask whether is it easily available.....apologize if i bother u

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    No problems here...just don't want to spoon feed ppl lah...Learn the hard way and you will remember better mah. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Gwee, Chan doesn't have Seachem Phosphorus yet.

Mamabobo, ask around here, someone might sell you some KH2PO4. Afterall, they will take ages to finish their 1kg. Don't look at me, I use Seachem for now, will switch later.

Try C328 Polyart, they have Seachem.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aruba
    You could try an enema. Phosphate enemas are pretty common.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Okay then...polyart does sell Seachem Phosphorus and Seachem Nitrogen...buy it just to test if its my PO4 test kit is faulty or the KH2PO4 is mixed up....conclusion..the PO4 kit is the one at fault.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Gwee, you want to try Lamott? Enquired before, very expensive. Goggled to find their website and you will find their local reps here and part number for each kit.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha...nah..don't wanna spend a bomb on a hobby. [] Test kit for $130 or more...hahaha...simply cannot swallow. NO3 lamotte test kit part no. is LaMotte 3110...Maybe somebody with a thick wallet can try it out and compare it with a Sera test kit?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    About all a PO4 test kit is "needed" for is to see if there's a presense absense of PO4.
    I would not fret over it and PO4 levels can be within a wide range without trouble. As long as you are addfing a little every 2-4 days or so, you'll be okay. Do 50% weekly water changes and that will prevent any build up. You can do thos routine with all the nutrients for that matter except CO2 really.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmm... That will be true according to my experience. I have gone from 1ppm up to 30+ppm and now back down to dunno what(my kit kaput). No apparent impact on the plant... just a slight change in the leaf colour... lighter green and slightly darker green.

Now I don't even bother to test for PO4. I simply drop a tiny bit at every water change.

BC