1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim Filters

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I've got a 3' x 2' x 1' tub which I keep kois in it on the ground (not buried in the ground). I'm currently using a Jebo cannister but am thinking of upgrading to Eheim. Any suggestions on which is better Eheim 2026 or Eheim 2028? Any recommendation on whether I should get it brand new or a 2nd hand set would suffice?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim Filters

get a 2028. I use 1*2026 on a 3 feet tank (3*1.5*1.5), and 2*2028 on a 4 feet tank (4*2*1.5).

New or second hand does not matter. Just make sure the 2nd hand set is working properly.

If water current is too strong, you can always use a rainbar. and have it on top of the tank water, for more aeration.

Of you can buy a 2026, and keep your existing filter as well. I love to run 2 filters in parallel.

Cheers, Christophe
    ~ Ā q u ã O b s έ Ş Ş i ŏ ŋ ~
    Once you pop, You can't Stop
    http://aquaobsession.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah go with the 2028, bigger would be better for a 3 footer, Koi impose high bioloads on their tanks.

If you can find a 2nd hand unit at a reasonable price, no reason not to get it, Eheims are built to last, and spare parts (if necessary) are easy to get.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Alright - I would probably go with 2028 - unless someone else has other experience. I would only go with 1 filter as I've got a water feature that I can channel the water to spout of from - to introduce more air to the water. Thanks for the advise!