Country
    Singapore

Sharing my new 2ft shrimps tank setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all

Just wanted to share my newly setup shrimp tank, pardon me for the "Rojak" (mixture of shrimp in the tank)

This is a 2ft tank painted 3 side light blue colour, tank have been circulated for a month before introducing all those shrimp from my 3ft tank.

I am just using a simple set up running with a tornado fan. Filter wise I am using an internal sponge filter stuff with some bio ring in the middle of the sponge and the outlet connected to an OHF.

Moss are all US fissiden and Thai fissiden with a few frogbits to absorb excess ammonia.

Soil is using ADA 2.

shrimp is mixture of CRS,BDS, Cherry, Sakura, Fire Red & green shrimp. not sure if there is tiger ......

So far all are healthy and saw one sakura, one Fire red & one CRS berries.... hope to have offspring soon...... attach are some shots taken for viewing pleasure, comment/s is very welcome.Attachment 16368

Attachment 16369

Attachment 16370

Attachment 16371

Attachment 16372
    Last edited by goody992828; 15th Jun 2010 at 14:23.

goody992828

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Sharing my new 2ft shrimps tank setup

more picture

goody992828

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

wow your crs looks great. is your tank in air con room?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia

how do you make sure the shrimplets do not get sucked into the internal filter?
    i found it hard last time even with the sponge blocking the inlet. esp at night...
    when the shrimps appear to be more blur!

maybe i used one with too fast flow.
    ONLY Blue Zebras.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ciaossu View Post
    wow your crs looks great. is your tank in air con room?

Thanks
    As state above I am using a fan hence my CRS is not the high grade that most of the forumer has. currently able to maintian around 25.5 to 26 degree. Maybe is due to the current weather is cooler. But one thing for sure fan for a 2 ft is much easier to get the temperature down compare to a 3 footer which I last own

goody992828

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeemo View Post
    how do you make sure the shrimplets do not get sucked into the internal filter?
    i found it hard last time even with the sponge blocking the inlet. esp at night...
    when the shrimps appear to be more blur!

maybe i used one with too fast flow.
    Hi bro

Yes you are right the flowrate is very important, hence currently the filter I used the flowrate is quite slow. And during set up I also ensure that the internal filter's sponge is slightly more compact, to ensure shrimplet will not be suck into it.

goody992828

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by goody992828 View Post
    Thanks
    As state above I am using a fan hence my CRS is not the high grade that most of the forumer has. currently able to maintian around 25.5 to 26 degree. Maybe is due to the current weather is cooler. But one thing for sure fan for a 2 ft is much easier to get the temperature down compare to a 3 footer which I last own
    ya im using a fan too and are able to maintin the temperture around 26.5 - 27, from what you have stated, really tempted to buy some grade A crs to try out.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ya im using a fan too and are able to maintin the temperture around 26.5 - 27, from what you have stated, really tempted to buy some grade A crs to try out.

Hi Ciaossu

You can try out with lower grade to test the water condition first before digging deeper into your pocket for higher grades, think with fan grade C to A is still able to survive well.....

Currently in my tank there are still few pieces of S grade and a golden which has been there for few months already. Still surviving well, however these are some high grade left over from those that are already in heaven which I am too new yet started too aggressive into High grade shrimp keeping initially. Painful experience learn. Hence would not wish to see anyone to share my bad experience.

So welcome to the CRS keeping..... cheers.

goody992828

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Ciaossu

You can try out with lower grade to test the water condition first before digging deeper into your pocket for higher grades, think with fan grade C to A is still able to survive well.....

Currently in my tank there are still few pieces of S grade and a golden which has been there for few months already. Still surviving well, however these are some high grade left over from those that are already in heaven which I am too new yet started too aggressive into High grade shrimp keeping initially. Painful experience learn. Hence would not wish to see anyone to share my bad experience.

So welcome to the CRS keeping..... cheers.
    ya i already have some bee shrimp and 1 B grade BDS shrimp with me for 1month +, still hesitating to buy higher grade scare they might not survive the temperature. but after seeing what you have mention, i might try 10 B grade CRS 1st

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ya i already have some bee shrimp and 1 B grade BDS shrimp with me for 1month +, still hesitating to buy higher grade scare they might not survive the temperature. but after seeing what you have mention, i might try 10 B grade CRS 1st

If I am not wrong C to A grade should be able to survive in this low tech tank, to S grade probably I am alittle bit lucky to get them survive in this environment as base on many expert here have always mention that high grade would need a chiller. So I guess if you are aming for higher grade in future, do consider a chiller instead.

Do keep us up date once you introduce B grades CRS.

Cheers

goody992828

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If I am not wrong C to A grade should be able to survive in this low tech tank, to S grade probably I am alittle bit lucky to get them survive in this environment as base on many expert here have always mention that high grade would need a chiller. So I guess if you are aming for higher grade in future, do consider a chiller instead.

Do keep us up date once you introduce B grades CRS.

Cheers
    ya, few weeks ago i've already considering getting a chiller but told myself i've just started this hobby so maybe after 4-5month see how my Bee shrimp and B grade BDS goes then decide if i really want to upgrade to higher grade CRS or just keep good quality sakura as currently my tank has a mixture of red sakura and Bees

will update once i've introduce some B grade CRS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Alright bro,

Happy shrimp keeping and hope it is successful for you in this hobby.

goody992828

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

thanks bro, btw how you seen your crs getting pregnant? or able to give birth to shrimplet and survived till adult?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

thanks bro, btw how you seen your crs getting pregnant? or able to give birth to shrimplet and survived till adult?

Yes, in my previous 3ft tank got one crs, one bds and a golden got berries with eggs at the same time, but sad to say till today only one bds shrimplet survive which is about 1cm in size now in my current 2ft tank. Hence I am not sure which mama does it come from.... hahaha

goody992828

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Guys to share some picyure after I consolidated my tank just for CRS & Fire red sakura. Have since saw a few Pregnant CRS and few little shrimplets. third picture showing one of the little CRS under cover under the plant. Hope more will come.

goody992828

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Country
    Singapore

wow! nice shrimps! where have your other shrimps gone? are they avaliable for sales? i'm quite interested!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by CPO View Post
    wow! nice shrimps! where have your other shrimps gone? are they avaliable for sales? i'm quite interested!
    The rest of the wild cherries and green shrimp are house together with my Caca orange.

Sorry not preparing for sales at this moment. Maybe when they multiply.... anyway thanks for your interest.

goody992828

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for sharing, hope they multiple soon.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I do hope so it multiply as well.. haha, just keeping my finger cross. But I guess because of no chiller, the survival rate of shrimplets might be less. So once my new house is ready will get a chiller for my tank

goody992828

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Guys to share some picyure after I consolidated my tank just for CRS & Fire red sakura. Have since saw a few Pregnant CRS and few little shrimplets. third picture showing one of the little CRS under cover under the plant. Hope more will come.
    the Crs with ~80% white. what grade is it???

in the attached thumbnails.
    Last edited by eugene_syh; 4th Feb 2010 at 19:01. Reason: the photos didn't come with the quote. -.-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast