Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How to check glosso is growing correctly?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How to check glosso is growing correctly?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Good evening bros,

Just planted some glosso last Wednesday.Notice some part of the tank the glosso is growing vertical could it be that i am using gex soil .I am using 4x24w T5 9hrs each day with presurized CO2 3bps.I wonder how to check your glosso is growing horizontal or vertical.Currently 1 otto and 2 angel fish

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to check glosso is growing correctly?

my own experience is this, for lighting you must have around 3wpg, calculate your lights and volume to get this. The glosso might take some time to adapt to the new environment, it's same for me that it grew upwards initiately, just need to cut it and plant the portions you cut nearby, this is to "instigate" it to grow.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by phuakokhong View Post
    my own experience is this, for lighting you must have around 3wpg, calculate your lights and volume to get this. The glosso might take some time to adapt to the new environment, it's same for me that it grew upwards initiately, just need to cut it and plant the portions you cut nearby, this is to "instigate" it to grow.

Tks bro...mine is 2x1.5x1.5ft tank and 96w of lights i think that should be enough.Will follow your advice and cut the plant and replant it.

Good Nite

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Is the light intensity rather than watts per gallon.

Eg. most tank height remains almost the same either from small to big, difference not that great unless over 2ft, but the light tube intensity increases when the tank size gets bigger, thats to said intensity increases according to the light tube size.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step