Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

bubble counter

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi people, i got a bubble counter and i connect it to my co2 canister. i set to 1bps and i can see the bubble in the bubble counter disappearing into the water of the counter but i don't see anything diffusing out from my glass diffuser. why is that so?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: bubble counter

Bro, check your tubes if their Co2 resistant. If not you might have air leaking out.
    (your disappearing into the water of the counter have some doubts)

Likewise if there are super tiny bubbles but dissolve before they reach the surface of the tank then your actually on the right track.

Anyway you might wish to post pics for further advise as the bros here have plenty experience then newbie me.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Check your tubes to see if any are loose. Check your positioning of the bubble counter as well, the longer piece is where the bubble comes out from. If you attached it wrongly the CO2 will not really go into the tank. Check the bubble counter as well. Those plastic type bubble counters can easily crack when you least expect it. A fine hairline crack can cause some CO2 to escape.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Aside from checking for leaks in the tubing and bubble counter, have you tried increasing the rate to 5 - 10 bps to see if the diffuser is diffusing?

After you see it bubbling, turn it back to 1bps and see if it will sustain. Your diffuser might be oversized for 1bps and require more pressure possibly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

before that, check the check valve (one way valve) connection, make sure it is on the right direction. Yoiu can use soap bubble or shaving cream to check for leakage. The hole/pore of the diffuser is very tiny, need lots of pressure before CO2 start coming out.

So after you check all your connection correct, do as Fuzzy suggested. If still no bubble, start look for leakage.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/