Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Lighting and plant color intensity

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys. I have mainly mosses growing in my tank and they are growing at very fast rates. However i realised that the green colors on them are starting to lean towards brighter but less deep green. I dose Seachem potassium and Flourish. Any1 can enlighten me on how to make the darker deeper green colors on the moss come back? Cheers Most of my fissidens, and spiky's color are turning to the same shade as my taiwan moss( lighter).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Lighting and plant color intensity

any one care to share?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If possible, try to post the photo of the tank and preferably the light source of the tank. It would also help the other forumers to troubleshoot your tank if you can provide more information such as Tank Size, your water perimeters, the stuffs that you dosed and how much ml, what is your water change habits, the fish stocking (Population) of your tank. Go Advanced will allow you to do your photo uploading although there is a limited size on the upload. Size your photo to 800x600 and save in jpg or png.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry but I don't have any measurements of my tank chemical composition specs cos i never do those testing. Tank is 2ftX1ftX1ft. Lights is 2x24watt T5HO illumax. Water temperature is usually around 24-26. Water change 50% roughly every week and lighting is on for 8hours a day( 2X4 ). Soil used is a mixture of ADA amazonia 2 and GEX green packet. I dose the ferts 2X weekly roughly around 2-3ml. No fishes are inside the tank. Only fauna inside are Yamato shrimps and horned nerite snails. Filter used is 2213 classic( Course sponge, 2L bioRio,and the fine filter). CO2 via compressed cylinder@2bps on when lights on.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

For a 2ft, the light is currently okay. Now moss they wither and grows back, so it's a natural process. If you want to limit the growth rate, you can stop the dosing for one round until the next water change. The following water change, simply reduce the amount you are dosing now by half, then watch and observe the plants again for their reaction.

If you do a a camera phone, take pict. of the tank at intervals. 1 day two picts. or so. Every other 3 days. You can do pict. comparison easily that way.

If you are unsure of your wpg, use the calculator to help you.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/aq_calculator.php
    Obviously if you off 1 light on one of the 24, you will see some changes already.