Feedback Score

CO2 refilling

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everyone.

First time posting here.

I would like to ask if there is any LFS that offer CO2 refilling service and collection within the same day. Most of the shop required 3 days or exchange the CO2 cylinder with those available in the shop.(Something which I am not too keen about as mine is brand new one.)

Please kindly advise
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    System and control engineering, aquamart?(wonder if they still do it) SOXAL (wait for a couple of hours), some other industrial estate shld have gas companies.. perharps u can ask them

Feedback Score
    Hi, Simon.

Thank you so much for replying.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Chem-Gas at Tuas can do on-the-spot top-up, if you are near.
    See LFS list above for address and contact.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Do note that for ChemGas you need to go early in the day for on-the-spot service. Otherwise next day collect. The staff told me that same-day collection is also not available on Saturdays cos it's half-day. You can call to check..
    ---------------------
    So many fish, so little time...

Feedback Score
    Personally I dont like the job done at ChemGas cos it doesnt really last. I think they did not chill the gas before injecting it into the tank so the amount of gas injected into the tank is significantly less. The last time I topped it up it only lasted 1 month!

I am now trying out Sealico in AMK Ind Park 3.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have the same experience with Chemgas. Lasted less than 3 weeks and cause a lot of fish deaths. Tried all remedies but I suspect that there is some contamination in the CO2 gas but no real proof.

Anyway, after it is empty, I top up at Bioplast (System and Control) at Bendemeer and everything is okay since. Bioplat top up in about 30 minutes so I think that is the best.

----------------
    On 5/17/2003 3:08:51 PM

I have the same experience with Chemgas. Lasted less than 3 weeks and cause a lot of fish deaths. Tried all remedies but I suspect that there is some contamination in the CO2 gas but no real proof.

Anyway, after it is empty, I top up at Bioplast (System and Control) at Bendemeer and everything is okay since. Bioplat top up in about 30 minutes so I think that is the best.
    ----------------
    I agree. Just came back from Bioplast, just take me about
    10 mins to get mine top up.
    It will be more convenient for everyone when the new Mrt line runs.

Feedback Score
    Whats the cost of a top up at Bioplast?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I topped up at Bioplast before too. Took about 15 mins. $15.
    i would recommend u go there.... quick, easy and reliable.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyone knows the opening hours? May decide to visit tonight if it's still open. The opening hours not reflected in the LFS list.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nick, give them a call before u head down

Feedback Score
    Just came back from topping up CO2 at Bioplast. $15, took about 10 minutes.
    After topping up, my gauge showed 1000psi.
    Now to see how long it will last.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------

----------------
    Really ah? So far my colleagues and I have top up about 5 to 6 tanks there before. No fish deaths. I thought they were quite thorough at checking for leaks (soaking the tank in water, and using soap spray after fixing on your regulator) before returning the tanks to you.

I was there watching them top up. For a 2L tank, they pump in 1.2kg of gas (0.6kg per Litre is their standard). And the gas, believe me, is so cold that ice form on the tank after the top up.

Just sharing my experience.

BTW - anyone experience CO2 leakages after top-up at other areas? Or did not last long?
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys,
    Something crossed my mind. Is it legal to have shops providing such service other than the approved SOXAL. Imagine, without the proper tank check, what if something unimaginable happened due to faulty tank, over-filling, mishandling? How much risk do you want to take for your planted tank hobby?
    From what I know, refilling of LPG gas from big tank to small tank(for profit) is a definite illegal act. What about CO2?
    The following is the (illegal)process- Order a huge CO2 tank, custom make a connection hose(must be of correct screw tread, can withstand certain pressure), chill the receiving tank(Put in fridge, in ice water etc), connect up(screw tight) and turn huge tank vavle on & off to allow transfer of gas. Weigh the receiving tank for correct full tank weight. Chilling of tank is to allow the pressurise CO2 to enter. This is the process I witnessed.
    Now, do you think this is safe?
    Disclaimer- Do not try this anytime. You have been warn(If I have a huge tank, why bother to fill small ones?).

Turaco.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 5/17/2003 6:41:46 PM

----------------

----------------
    Really ah? So far my colleagues and I have top up about 5 to 6 tanks there before. No fish deaths. I thought they were quite thorough at checking for leaks (soaking the tank in water, and using soap spray after fixing on your regulator) before returning the tanks to you.

I was there watching them top up. For a 2L tank, they pump in 1.2kg of gas (0.6kg per Litre is their standard). And the gas, believe me, is so cold that ice form on the tank after the top up.

Just sharing my experience.

BTW - anyone experience CO2 leakages after top-up at other areas? Or did not last long?
    ----------------
    Hmmmm... maybe the fella who did my tank gave it a shoddy job... Not too sure though... just my experience... Anyway, yet to see how long this tank from SEalico will last... Keep ya guys posted...