Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Need Help with my water output

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys i just setup my new Eheim pro 3 and attach Aista Co2 reactor, the water output is very low. I took a few pictures can tell me whats wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need Help with my water output

I've had a lot of problems with the ISTA Max Mix, is that what yours is also? looks similar. How long has it been running?

It worked VERY well initially, then it was always accumulating a large air pocket and breaking the siphon in the flow, and I had to keep re-priming the canister, until it bothered me enough that I threw it away and went back to diffusers.

I suspect there is an air leak somewhere in the reactor, the plastic becomes very brittle after awhile. That was the problem in my case, but it took about 3 months for the cracks to become visible. Also you might want to try without the elbow, I don't think it is an airtight seal.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Must the reactor be in an upright position for it to work? How about setting it at a horizontal or near horizontal position?
    - eric

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Is your filter currently over-specced for your tank? You should be using a filter that has significantly higher flowrate than recommended for your tank size if you are running a reactor.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bossteck View Post
    Must the reactor be in an upright position for it to work? How about setting it at a horizontal or near horizontal position?
    I follow the picture of the box its this direction

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I've had a lot of problems with the ISTA Max Mix, is that what yours is also? looks similar. How long has it been running?

It worked VERY well initially, then it was always accumulating a large air pocket and breaking the siphon in the flow, and I had to keep re-priming the canister, until it bothered me enough that I threw it away and went back to diffusers.

I suspect there is an air leak somewhere in the reactor, the plastic becomes very brittle after awhile. That was the problem in my case, but it took about 3 months for the cracks to become visible. Also you might want to try without the elbow, I don't think it is an airtight seal.
    Its brand new i just installed. The water flow into the canister is good, the out put to my tank is low. Its the same one, i also suspect a leak maby at the part where the CO2 tube goes in. How do i seal it ? Will the force be reduce so much? I just bought this filter for $350. Im gona try to get a new pipe and try without the Co2 mix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bossteck View Post
    This reactor only works upright. The flow enters from the side, the CO2 enters from the top and the output is out through the bottom and out the top.

If its used horizontally the CO2 will build up in a layer and eventually come out either as a huge bubble periodically or reduce the flow rate of the system.

It would actually be a great reactor if not for reliability issues.

The only way you can be sure the leak is not at the CO2 tubing juncture is to buy tighter fitting CO2 tubing, the black tubing I got from NA was a really tight fit and sure to not leak.
    You're using a $350 Eheim canister? That has to be at least 1200 L/hr or more, this model reactor shouldn't affect the flow rate visibly at those volumes. Your unit may be defective out
    of the box, you should take it back to the store for an exchange, I would recommend getting another brand/model of reactor.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Any one got any good reactor to recommand?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

the NA reactor that is made from a water filter canister has seen some pretty good reviews.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry i quite new here , what does Na Reactor means or look like?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

suspect leak? Why not do a test?

1. Dettach it from tank.
    2. Use a clear bucket filled with water or a clear plastic bag with water just dip the device in.
    3. If got pocket of air bubbles, then you know where to reinforce.

Suggest that you consider the reactor after you have done the simple test. Might even come out with better results than expected.