Country
    Spain

Hello from Spain... I'm looking for APP

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everybody;

My name's JuanMa, I'm from Madrid, Spain, and I'm a planted tank lover. In this page, you can look my Enjoy the Silence and other colleague aquariums (the Albertos Sosa's Microdino is incredible...).

http://colectivo-cae.blogspot.com/20...o-se-hace.html

I working for a new proyect, and I'm looking for Elatine Triandra, but It's an Impossible Mission here, or in Italy, France, Portugal... I think than this plant in Singapoure is "APP or Ah Pek Plant" and is very easily found and cheap. Really?

I buy a lot of products in ebay from singapoure, I know the cheap ship...

Somebody could send me to Spain this plant... I'w pay it f course...

Thankyou and best regards.

PD Sorry, my english it's like a baby 5 years old...
    Last edited by Koi_XX; 8th Feb 2010 at 22:43.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hello from Spain... I'm looking for APP

Yes Elatine Triandra is fairly easy to find in Singapore, but you might want to check your customs regulations for the import/export of plants as it may be an issue getting it in.

I'm sure you should be willing to find someone who can send/trade you some, I would but I am not cultivating any Elatine Triandra in any of my tanks at present. Do you have any interesting aquatic mosses from your region?

Don't worry your English is fine and much better than our Spanish, hehe.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Spain

Thanks Fuzzy.

You need a autorization for import plants, but when the paquet is not so large, and the declarated value is cheap, the custom isn't rigorous.

I have bought some plants from Hong Kong, Singapoure or Taiwan, and never stop it in airport custom.

It's incredible, but in spain the people use more asiatics aquatic mosses than spanish or european mosses (from Tropica, or Dennerle, like Java, Star, Xmas, fissidens...), and I think that it is early to get in your country.

We are in aquascaping "prehistory" even. We can obtain few plants and slightly materially. I buy a lot of material in germany or other countries.

Best regards.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hello JuanMa, problem with shipping is not so much the restrictions with Customs etc, but whether the plant will survive the period during shipment. I think normal airmail reaches Spain in about 8-10 days from Singapore, depending on the frequency of flights between Singapore and Spain, in particular Madrid for your case.

Mosses can survive longer periods in transit, but I don't think the APP will. To send you, one would have to remove the rock wool etc from the roots and wash off any visible soil. The packet itself must not leak, because Customs people can be very serious regarding leakages, even if it is just water.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Spain

Welcome to AquaticQuotient ,Juanma .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bienvenido Juanma , un saludo

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I might be able to help you get this plant, drop me a mail and I will get back to you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    Hello JuanMa, problem with shipping is not so much the restrictions with Customs etc, but whether the plant will survive the period during shipment. I think normal airmail reaches Spain in about 8-10 days from Singapore, depending on the frequency of flights between Singapore and Spain, in particular Madrid for your case.

Mosses can survive longer periods in transit, but I don't think the APP will. To send you, one would have to remove the rock wool etc from the roots and wash off any visible soil. The packet itself must not leak, because Customs people can be very serious regarding leakages, even if it is just water.
    Yes, the transit time will could be a seriuous problem. The fastest ship company in airmail can do the transit in 3 days, Fedex Express, (50 usa $ for a fedex paquet ). It's expensive, but is my only solution i think.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Welcome to AquaticQuotient ,Juanma .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bienvenido Juanma , un saludo
    Gracias Diego... un saludo.

Quote Originally Posted by ranchu View Post
    I might be able to help you get this plant, drop me a mail and I will get back to you.
    Thank you very much... I do.

Thanks everybody...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States

Quote Originally Posted by Koi_XX View Post
    Hello everybody;

My name's JuanMa, I'm from Madrid, Spain, and I'm a planted tank lover. In this page, you can look my Enjoy the Silence and other colleague aquariums (the Albertos Sosa's Microdino is incredible...).

http://colectivo-cae.blogspot.com/20...o-se-hace.html

I working for a new proyect, and I'm looking for Elatine Triandra, but It's an Impossible Mission here, or in Italy, France, Portugal... I think than this plant in Singapoure is "APP or Ah Pek Plant" and is very easily found and cheap. Really?

I buy a lot of products in ebay from singapoure, I know the cheap ship...

Somebody could send me to Spain this plant... I'w pay it f course...

Thankyou and best regards.

PD Sorry, my english it's like a baby 5 years old...
    Several aquarist in Malta have several species of Elatine, there's also a few native species in Spain. Now is the season to find it also.
    This plant species in native to CA, I've seen it all over the irrigation canals, I've also seen near Brisbane in Australia in lakes.

It's very fast growing and very weedy. It will not make shipments easily, it will melt and die in most cases after 1-2 days of shipping time.

Try to get there in the EU, plenty of vendors carry it(UK, Tropica, Germany, Italy etc).

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    Country
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Plantbrain View Post
    Several aquarist in Malta have several species of Elatine, there's also a few native species in Spain. Now is the season to find it also.
    This plant species in native to CA, I've seen it all over the irrigation canals, I've also seen near Brisbane in Australia in lakes.

It's very fast growing and very weedy. It will not make shipments easily, it will melt and die in most cases after 1-2 days of shipping time.

Try to get there in the EU, plenty of vendors carry it(UK, Tropica, Germany, Italy etc).

Regards,
    Tom Barr
    Hello Tom.

In first, I want to tell you that your aquariums are an inspiration for novices like me. You are great.

Seems incredible... I have looked for all aquaristic shops that I have can found in Internet, and only 4 works it in Europe (floraquatic in France, Crystal Red in Portugal, acquarishop in Italy and Aquaristik Studio Heimrich in Germany), but nobody have it in stock now and they don't know when could get it.

The shipping have only one problem... !!!show me the money!!! Fedex and other companys have international express shipping (48 hours singapour-spain, 100-150$). In Europe, 24h shipping from Germany or France, 50-60$. It is expensive, but if it is necesary, I do.

I try to found it in nature in Spain, but isn't easy.

Now, a very friendly person from singapour is trying to help me (exist asian distributor that works with european shops), and I have great confidence in this opportunity.

I'm a patient person...

I also look in malta too. USA isn't a option, so complicated to import (customs laught...).

Thanks and best regards.
    JuanMa.

My aquarium in: http://colectivo-cae.blogspot.com/20...cuadiseno.html
    Last edited by Koi_XX; 18th Feb 2010 at 18:52.