Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: 3ft tank pics

Feedback Score

3ft tank pics

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After 2 months, the foregrd of my 3 ft tank is finally covered with glosso! Most of my other plants are also doing well except for Tonina sp. which couldnt make it... This will be more or less my layout for some time. Feel free to comment [:]
    Latest pics

bro very nicely done up hope mine can be as chio as urs....by the way where u bought the APP i want to used it as part of my fore ground but cannot find

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    pretty nice if you asked me....but I felt that the crinium like plant in the front looks alittle out of place.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Hey David, thanks to you, i finally got the name of the weird looking plant - Crinum calamistratum. Yes, initially i also felt it was out of place but my SAEs and otos love it so will keep it untouched.

mambobo - got it from pasir ris farmway, dont really the exact address but u can call to check if there is stock first and how to get there. U may want to call Ah Hock - 97282631. Cheers!

Feedback Score
    hi hippo,can see that your mini riccia can be harvested liao.can buy from you??need quite alot,how much you harvest all i take loh.sms at 96969366 to tell me more detail.thx in advance.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Hi, i like your tank, where do ug et your mini ricca? i want them very bad, but cna't find here in L.A.....
    in LA, looking for shrimps.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hippo, nice healthy plants u got... may i suggest adding red plants .. something behind yr MM and UM.. u got any problems, keeping glosso and APP together? both pretty fast grower and one of them will lose the battle and get consume by the other[]

Feedback Score
    Hi Hippo,

Your tank looks great! Can give me the contact of the person who built your tank and cabinet?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi hippo, nice great looking tank u've got! mind telling me where you bought the 'tree stump'?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    seems like your tank turns out nicely... remember when u just set up,... having problems with the "cork bark"
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    very beautiful tank!

if i were you, i will replace the left and right MM(?) with a lot of java fern...
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Try placing the Crinum in the rear or corner.
    Try a red crypt in that spot, or C. variety tonkinesis, etc, something lower than the Crinum. Consider balancing the haiorgrass on the other side with several plants of some smaller reddish crypt in similar grouping as the hairgrass(but not a mirror image of the hairgrass placement).

Nice design and execution. It'll look real good when the moss covers the wood more. Now that the plants have filled in, time to keep it that way

IME, Crinums look good in groups slightly off center, or in the rear corners, sneaking up behind other plants, driftwood etc.

Nice plant and hard to resist buying.

Beside the red from the crypts, other plants: Barclaya, Ludwigia acurata(I think this would go well with your plant designs)

Crypts go very well with hairgrass and or Gloss. They often lay flatter under high light. And Crypts are fairly covetted and there are many species to choose from.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    Hi hippo, nice lawn.
    I've got a barclaya longifolia (redform) that just might do the trick to give away. Pm if if you're interested.
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 5/19/2003 11:54:39 PM

And Crypts are fairly coveted and there are many species to choose from.

----------------
    ahh, another crypt lover
    it's pretty hard to find people in singapore who really know how to appreciate these plants
    most people prefer the taiwan plants like hottonia, eriocaulon etc

it takes a lot of time to get a good blanket of crypts, but the feeling when they're growing well is very cool

Feedback Score
    srad - will be passing u the riccia later
    pomby27 - got my riccia at pasir ris, singapore.
    simon - so far not much problems with app and glosso, dont know abt later. glosso really grows fast, in fact, there are 3 to 4 layers of them at the front edge of my tank
    derek - ordered my tank from nature aquarim along thomson rd (opp thmonson medical ctr)
    mandz - the tree stump? no, its made up of cork wood bark. i cut, filed, saw and affixe them together to form the shape of a tree. can see my website.
    tom - thanks for the tip
    pipsqueak - thanks for the offer. quite busy lately, will check with you when i have more time on hand
    feimiao - yes, u r right... initially water was always cloudy... now its clear and most plants are doing well.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Hottonia is a weed. We have H. palustris and a native, H. inflata here in the USA.
    These were often used in a number of studies on aquatic plants in the past.

Crypts are the ultimate plant growers plant. You can try any new stem plant that comes down the pipe, but Crypts are in their own class.

They show long term planning, thought, cultivation and skill. There's some nice species right in your back yard.

I can change a stem plant tank around easily, you cannot do this with crypts. It's difficult to trim them to certain height like stem plants. So you need to plan ahead and know how big they will get/how they will grow in your tank.
    But they do give a sense of anchor to a design since folks don't move them nearly as much.

C. crispatula var tonkinesis makes and wonderful short grassy planting as does C parva, x willisii, lucens, albina, etc or taller background plants like C.c. var balansae/aponogetifolia or usteriana.
    Then there's alway C.cordata var blassii.

They make good substitues for sword plants which often grow too fast, out growing your tank.

Check out the Crypt's pages, if any of you get out into the coutry side, look for them(Bridge overpasses are always good spots). Bring a camera.
    We have 2 species loose here in the USA and only a few folks growing them since Gasser.

Regards,
    Tom Barr