Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim 2028 faulty?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys, would appreciate some input on this problem of mine.

My 8 months old 2028 is running only at 1/2 efficiency, although the filter has just been cleaned. It is connected to an external reactor and a UV filter. I am wondering if this is normal, or is it time for me to service the equipment.

many thx for your time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    did you clean the impeller magnet and chamber? You need to get rid of the muck that has accumulated around it. Look at the magnet, is it still dark grey or has it become shiny and scratched? If it has, the impeller needs to be changed.

You also need to clean the attachment nozzle well. Check you pipings to see if there is any blockage. Since you attached it to a reactor and UV filter, expect that there will be a drop in flow-rate..but it would not be half.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Lip, how long is your piping?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    with so many other equipments attached and including the amt of slime acummulated over the months... the efficiency will defintely reduced

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thx for your replies. I will check again for blockage, as well as the magnet.

BFG, I cannot remember the exact length of the piping, probably about 2 metres in total. My 4 ft tank and cabinet is from Nature (though the height of the tank is 2 ft), this should give an idea of the piping required.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    if u wanna sell, can call me at 90035358

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Let me share with you my account on my Eheim 2028.

The flow reduced tremndously after 3 months of usage. I suspected the filter being clogged, so I gave it a good wash. It did not help at all. Next i did was I flushed out my chiller and found it clogged with sludge. After that it the flow was back to normal.

Maybe it could be your UV filter which is choking the system. You can try to flush it and see if it helps.

Good Luck!
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thx sherwin. my UV has just been added recently, so I guess it can't be the reason for the very much reduced efficiency.

either the system has a choke which I have yet to detect, or the magnet is spoilt as David has suggested, or like i fear, i need to service the filter motor (in which case i really don't know if i can keep the fishes alive) []

scar, if i manage to kill off all my fishes, maybe i will give you a call. hahah