Country
    Singapore

Re: DIY CO2 Trinity System ver. 1.0

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Just power the yeast up, as in hokien "mai tu liao" (Stop hesitating).
    Now can test if it can provide a constant output.

FYI: my duo formula (improvised) lasted 3 weeks for main supply 1 week for the other (Which eats yeast like cookie monster)

I think adrian has 2 Co2 tanks, in which 1 is for standby.
    The thought of having a spare tank for use while the larger one is refilling very much made me over exceed my calculated budget for using Co2.
    Thats why you don't see felix with Co2 running in his tank
    I do have in mind a 2nd CO2 tank but is holding off this plan at the moment to the larrrrrrger picture. So no rush lah. Besides, the re-scape is a complete makeover so will still need to cycle the tank. Only thing is that got people very anxious to look at v2 design. kee kee...
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 4th Mar 2010 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

yep, two co2 tanks, one for when refilling. Anyway now refilling takes a couple of days at most usually, not 1-2weeks =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Depends lah...you get one of those holidays like CNY or Christmas then NY, you still have issue. I still got backup CO2 DIY...besides Trinity. I might con-currently built Trinity v1 and v2 this week. Got plenty of time when I am on leave.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    Oei oei...I cycle Bedok to Yishun to and fro also no problem. Besides, my hands and legs joints all have injury..have to remind myself not to over-stress. I just stopped from 2 hours of drilling. You can imagine the impact on my hands. Anyway did the electric therapy at night, no issue.
    I now have new mission. make you go CC.

Injury comes with growing up BW, i also have tons.
    Will never forget racing friends downhill and my front brakes jamming...
    Lesson learned, never over fine-tune front brakes and go speeding 40KMPH.

Anyway, don't do electric ones. I bring you go Foot and Back one.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    Depends lah...you get one of those holidays like CNY or Christmas then NY, you still have issue. I still got backup CO2 DIY...besides Trinity. I might con-currently built Trinity v1 and v2 this week. Got plenty of time when I am on leave.
    Get a container that can hold a decent amount of PSI, and make sure its not glass. (i stopped DIY co2 after reading someone's glass Co2 tank burst).

Best logic, Your PVC can hold the pressure, but plastic can only hold that much. My Gel Co2 bottle was always bloated while in use, makes me happy to know have pressure and scared that it will go BOOMZ while i sleep.

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Trinity v1 is the third DIY CO2 system as I find system 1 and 2 is okay but not fantastic. Trinity v2 as the 4th one. Yeah, will take pvc instead of clear plastics although tempting...shucks..:P
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 4th Mar 2010 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I rather not, if you search deeper into the web.
    There is a indo guy who used barrels for his diy co2. Bear with the urge for small spoils and reap larger rewards.

What GT2? you meaning which model? Zaskar LE2? I don't like HASA.
    Accidents are common is cycling, I stopped only due to work commitment + Girlfriend.
    Takes up too much time, not many off-road buddies and best of all. They cost a bomb to restart again.

When are you posting updates for your project, today good day.
    Fixed myself a solenoid, with a smooth day at work.

End that with a cool night to sleep. Good night

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I've done the final sealing of Trinity v1. Will need to improvise on height to archive a balanced v1 later. So might find something to stick to the bottom of the bottom as permanent fixture.
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 4th Mar 2010 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

please refrain from mixing off-topic stuff into your posts.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Felix, later help me to tidy up this thread a bit. Remove the portion where we chit-chat so that the thread focus a bit. If need to just pm me to continue..thanks.

Trinity v.1 has been completed and will go into full swing operation within the next 24 hours. Left and right bottle will be the sugar solution with yeast. Bicarbonate of soda will be moderated for adding if required. (Previous system 1 and 2 DIY CO2, I do not add bicarbonate of Soda but currently I have 6 bottles of bicarbondate of soda standing by). Post to be updated once the tank is ready.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Michael, I think as previously mentioned the bottles will still release CO2 at the same rate and die off at the same time.. Which means you will still have to replace all 3 bottles every 2 weeks. Just that you get three times the CO2 output.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I am not expecting double effect. =) I will be dosing 2x lesser on the yeast. So we will see how after the monitoring period.

2 bottles CO2 mix, 1 bottle is filtering only.
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 4th Mar 2010 at 15:20.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Fans of DIY CO2 don't have to wait too long for v2 design as the materials has already been sorted out. When the time factor allows, new post will be created almost immediately follows.

Next time round, instead of 2 CO2 media, there will be 3 CO2 media. Do keep a watch on DIY Section!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by edwardchuajh View Post
    Michael, I think as previously mentioned the bottles will still release CO2 at the same rate and die off at the same time.. Which means you will still have to replace all 3 bottles every 2 weeks. Just that you get three times the CO2 output.
    I think he expects alot of guck .
    My yeast setup i used a check value + bubble counter
    1 x 2L (3-4 weeks output)
    1 x 1.5L (1 week output, gets weekly refill of sugar to burn)
    Both have control valves so i can reduce pressure loss during the smaller 1.5L's refill.

I still have all my 3 x 1.2L-2L pet-bottles with me so i can switch to yeast/jello Co2 anytime.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

1L enough to go for 3 weeks liao. Later when I top up, I show you my process, maybe for educational purpose I will add bicarbonate of soda, just to be a bit official. W/o it also can last 3 weeks. Trinity v1 looks quite beautiful due to the whiteness of the upvc. Then again, all cooks will never say his dishes is difficult to swallow...if you know what I mean.

Remarks:
    As I need to re-confirm the scape again, I would be delaying the posting of the operation of Trinity by 1 day. Apologies if you are anticipating it eagerly.
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 5th Mar 2010 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I am sad to bring you the news that Trinity v1 is a failure.

The design itself encompass weakness at the cap, hence there was a leak as the tubes are able to move up and down even though it was silicone sealed. v2 design is also based on v1 so meaning it will also weaken.

Hence v2 will not be built although significant ender cap are much stronger than the canisters that I have. Idea here is to first find the right canister. I will be going back to the drawing board to rethink again and maybe in time there will be a workable tri-system in future. The v3 design will be out tentatively I put the schedule to be April.

I really want to try take on a Tri-Co2 DIY System. Although this time round it's a failure and perhaps the first time that I am designing such a system, v3 I will simplify the design as much as possible to eliminate any weak points.
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 6th Mar 2010 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Modify the setup. The pvc could be too heavy to be supported by the silicone. Instead of the pvc connecting directly to the bottle cap, use a small hose to connect from the bottle cap to the pvc.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

BFG bro,

If BW were to connect using small hose ( i think your meaning air tubes) will that not sound abit weird? it just sums up to the PVC tubes being a giant "T" joint.

BW, did you use sufficient silicone? Also, you can sand the contact points for more holding power. Worse come to worse, purchase bottles which you are able to insert the PVC elbows. That logic is the elbows will be resting on the cap instead of PVC pipes sliding in.

Just my 5 cents.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Answering BFG,
    Either way, it still does not stick. I silicone it some 10 times or so. There was a lag time in between the post, not because I am not working on it but because the top silicone and bottom silicone kept moving. A good sealed would mean even when I pull it, it should not come out. I worked on at least 3 caps meaning 2 other bottles are render useless.

Answering Felix,
    Industrial grade silicone, an entire gun, you can see it from the picture of trinity behind the background. I won't be stingy on silicone. Glue - cut - throw. The process repeats itself. I will still need to walk around for that CO2 canister, no rush. You forgot during the outing, I kept ramming about CO2 canister? Perhaps I know already...then again I might be blind.

This is not the most painful part. The most painful part now is since all are not fixable (even bypass - tried it), I have to take them apart, then clean them up. The more fix, the worst it get. So hard decision, abort. Built a new design. That would be a better approach for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12