Country
    Singapore

Re: Chiller FAQ

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream22 View Post
    Hi all, my tank is about 80 Liters I plan to use a prefilter - 2215 - Hailea HS-28A will the flow rate enough for the tank ?
    Definitely

reefing from pasir ris

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi what aboit using 2217 instead of 2215 ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

need some advise, as I am going to shift around my tanks. will a HS-28A be sufficient for a 3x1.5x1.5 ft tank (it will not be filled to the top) with the chilled water running thru' stainless steel pipe in another 2x1.5x1.5 ft tank? I would like to keep the temperature in 24-25deg C.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aruba

My tank volume is 150L, ambient room temp is 31-32, I set my chiller to 24C so it will kicks in at 26C and it will kicks in for about 30-60 minutes depends on night and day and kicks off for about 3-4 hours depends on night and day, is it normal?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi , if my tank is 1ft cube, is it better to get a mini chiller like TEM AL30 or bigger chiller like haliea hs28? Will hs28 be over kill and waste a lot power consumption?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bosebani View Post
    Hi , if my tank is 1ft cube, is it better to get a mini chiller like TEM AL30 or bigger chiller like haliea hs28? Will hs28 be over kill and waste a lot power consumption?

Thanks
    Its usually better to go for a more powerful chiller if you have the budget... a more powerful chiller can cool the water faster and maintain a lower temperature for a longer period of time.

Chillers don't run 24/7, they kick in and kick out depending on how much time and effort they need to keep a tank cool. So you have a more powerful chiller, it may only kick in and run for a short time but kick out to "standby" mode for a longer time, thereby possibly consuming the same or less electricity. The less frequent kick in also prolongs the lifespan of the chiller too. Compare that to a smaller chiller which has to run constantly for longer periods of time, in those cases where a chiller is under-powered for the tank volume or temperature setting, it could be running so often that it ends up consuming more electricity instead.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone tried one of these before? It claims it can help to regulate your chiller temperature and there seems to be an eternal probe as well.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/DIGITAL-LC...RIUM/439722230
    Need something to scratch that itchy hand of mine.

Don't act smart. Be smart!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aruba

My tank volume is 150L, ambient room temp is 31-32, I set my chiller to 24C so it will kicks in at 26C and it will kicks in for about 30-60 minutes depends on night and day and kicks off for about 3-4 hours depends on night and day, is it normal?
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-j5-case-cover-33.html
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-s6-case-cover-15.html

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Its usually better to go for a more powerful chiller if you have the budget... a more powerful chiller can cool the water faster and maintain a lower temperature for a longer period of time.

Chillers don't run 24/7, they kick in and kick out depending on how much time and effort they need to keep a tank cool. So you have a more powerful chiller, it may only kick in and run for a short time but kick out to "standby" mode for a longer time, thereby possibly consuming the same or less electricity. The less frequent kick in also prolongs the lifespan of the chiller too. Compare that to a smaller chiller which has to run constantly for longer periods of time, in those cases where a chiller is under-powered for the tank volume or temperature setting, it could be running so often that it ends up consuming more electricity instead.

Thank you for your reply...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi All,

Wondering if an ecco pro 3 (flowrate of 750l/hr) could be used for a hailea hs-28a to cool a 2ft tank?
    The filter would be connected to a ISTA co2 reactor then to the chiller and lastly to tank.
    Would this filter be sufficient?

Apprecuate your advices.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Better dont..i am now using pro 3 with flow rate 950 l/hr . Water flow just looks ok only. Once filter starts to get dirty after 2 weeks,flow rate also weakens,hardly can see any surface movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Eli11205 View Post
    For 24 degree celsius , it looks ok as 28 degree going to 26 degree , in my experience took about 20+ minute and off at 2hr ++ .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

May i know what brand is your chiller.Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I am using a modified Mitsubishi Starmex aircon compressor as a chiller with attached rubber coated coil .

http://www.chill-down.com/product/ai...essor-chiller/

Tank number 6 on the advertisement . Yes , it is placed indoor. A Resun chiller blow more hot air than that compressor chiller .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread but I need some advice on my current setup. My chiller kicks in a little too often currently:

Eheim Classic 150 (300LPH)
    Hailea 28A

Kick in: 5 mins
    Kick out: 15mins

I bought a temp probe thats still on its way. Do you think that's enough or will i need to upgrade my pump? Cos my current shrimp tank setup is just 50 litres and I dont want it to turn into a washing machine :/
    FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by edwin_the_elder View Post
    Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread but I need some advice on my current setup. My chiller kicks in a little too often currently:

Eheim Classic 150 (300LPH)
    Hailea 28A

Kick in: 5 mins
    Kick out: 15mins

I bought a temp probe thats still on its way. Do you think that's enough or will i need to upgrade my pump? Cos my current shrimp tank setup is just 50 litres and I dont want it to turn into a washing machine :/
    A probe will solve your issue, I used to run a eheim 2224 (700LPH) with a 50L set up while I was still in the hobby years ago. Normally after packing in all the medias and stuff and using a rainbar, your flow rate would have been reduced.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Alright thanks!!
    FISH ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Chiller maintenance:
    Hi, I am new to this forum and I have an impending question and need a quick advise from you seniors.

I have a handed-down TECO chiller (TR15/20) for over a year and have yet to integrate into my marine tank until recent chance (chance as in a complete change over due to my fishes die suddenly).

I read in earlier discussions that TECO chiller do not need topping of refrigerant, hence i reckon a flushing would do the job. Please correct me if wrong as this is the first time I am using a chiller.

if it is just flushing, this would be ideal as I do not have funds to do a complete chiller check, service and maintenance.

I look forward to quick advise.

Regards, William

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Cross,

Thank you for the info.
    Per what you have shared, the chiller can be flushed via reversing the flow through the in/outflow outlets. To ensure thorough cleansing, can I invert the chiller after flushing to ensure the any remnant be dripped-off?

Regards and thanks in advance.
    William

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dear Cross,
    Thank you for your advise.
    Per your info, I will flush the chiller via theinlet/outlet valve religiously but can I invert the chiller to ensure theremnant be drained off completely?
    Regards and thank you in advance.
    William

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast