Images
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim Pro3 600 (2075) flowrate problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I'm the first owner of this Pro3 600 (2075). The flowrate just a year ago was so strong that I have to push my skimmer deeper into the tank to avoid air being suck from the top.
    Then the flow rate plunged.

There is no leakage. The media is organized as per instruction manual. And even if I completely removed all media and trays, the flowrate does not improve.

I tried to google to understand the problem but I can't seem to find it.

I asked LFS and I was told it is the impeller problem.
    Given the impeller is like 60$, I like to seek input if you guys faced similar issue, and what did you guys do?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim Pro3 600 (2075) flowrate problem

I used to have this problem.

1: throughly clean the piping using the pipe brush.

2: wash thoroughly for all the in and out pipe.

3: wash all the sponge/inlet guard.

If the above method fail, check your pipe for bend or “deform”. If there are too much slack, it will also affect the water flowrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Check on the impeller condition. A new impeller may reinstate the flow rate.
    Regards,
    justin_diong

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think it is the impeller issue. I have just purchased a 2073 and just using the head unit only, the flow rate is now way stronger (at least 10x) than my 2075.

I'm not sure if the magnetic force of the impeller may/can be destroyed when I had airlocked for a few days when I was doing biz-travelling. Maybe that magnet of impeller got destroyed.

Will find out, and will update here to share.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Want to wrap up this issue by sharing what I have learnt here.. I think some of us using the Pro3 filters may face similar issue as what I have experienced and will benefit from my findings.

Essentially there is nothing wrong with the impeller.

What caused the problem of slow flow rate is the 1 component found on the motor cover of the filter. And the thing is, as layman, there is no way we will ever know the root cause because that wore out plastic will not cause external leaks, but instead will redirect water back into the filter. I will try to attach pic here showing you how the component has "worn out".

I'll be frank.. I think Eheim/QianHu owes their customer an update/announcement of this product improvement plan. This worn-out component obviously points to some sub-par engineering design for a German-brand filter.
    It is ok not to give that replacement component for free. But I think it is fair to make this component widely available for sale to customers who owns Pro3. Afterall, it is only a pc of plastic.

QianHu suspected that component is the root cause. But that component is not a serviceable part as per Eheim Pro3 manual. And QianHu does not stock it. Somehow I think within Eheim, they probably has some sort of product improvement memo such that this same physical part is now available for filter after Pro3 model.

There seemed to be 2 types of this component online.. the one shown in the below weblink has a O-ring. The one shown on Eheim website does not come with the O-ring, and to-date, there is no part number for that O-ring.

You can get the part from the below website.
    https://sg.miscota.com/fish/eheim/p-90430

Latest (online) manual of Pro3 filter shows this component
    https://www.eheim-service.de/7211568-en
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Actually, I am thinking if we can 3D print that plastic part...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Want to wrap up this issue by sharing what I have learnt here.. I think some of us using the Pro3 filters may face similar issue as what I have experienced and will benefit from my findings.

Essentially there is nothing wrong with the impeller.

What caused the problem of slow flow rate is the 1 component found on the motor cover of the filter. And the thing is, as layman, there is no way we will ever know the root cause because that wore out plastic will not cause external leaks, but instead will redirect water back into the filter. I will try to attach pic here showing you how the component has "worn out".

I'll be frank.. I think Eheim/QianHu owes their customer an update/announcement of this product improvement plan. This worn-out component obviously points to some sub-par engineering design for a German-brand filter.
    It is ok not to give that replacement component for free. But I think it is fair to make this component widely available for sale to customers who owns Pro3. Afterall, it is only a pc of plastic.

QianHu suspected that component is the root cause. But that component is not a serviceable part as per Eheim Pro3 manual. And QianHu does not stock it. Somehow I think within Eheim, they probably has some sort of product improvement memo such that this same physical part is now available for filter after Pro3 model.

There seemed to be 2 types of this component online.. the one shown in the below weblink has a O-ring. The one shown on Eheim website does not come with the O-ring, and to-date, there is no part number for that O-ring.

You can get the part from the below website.
    https://sg.miscota.com/fish/eheim/p-90430

Latest (online) manual of Pro3 filter shows this component
    https://www.eheim-service.de/7211568-en
    Thanks for sharing this info. It may help if i am facing similar issue for 2075.
    Regards,
    justin_diong

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

having the same flow rate issue with my 2 filters. managed to order 2pcs from eBay to replace them.
    thanks for sharing this info....
    JS