Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Its better to use at least a 1/5chiller to chill a 3*2*2 feet tank.
    If you use a 1/10 chiller to chill the 3*2*2 feet tank, your chiller may overwork

Send from my GT-P1000 (Overcome 7 Series v4.0.0)
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Chiller FAQ

Thanks so much brother. Appreciate your quick reply.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It might be overworking chiller and cause longer kick in timing.

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Country
    Singapore

For a 4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft tank using 1/5hp or 1/4hp chiller is better?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ne0matr1x View Post
    For a 4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft tank using 1/5hp or 1/4hp chiller is better?
    1/4hp chiller is better.

Send from my GT-P1000 (Overcome 7 Series v4.0.0)
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi there,

For a 3ft by 2ft by 2.5ft tank. What the recommended chiller brand to buy?

Tam

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have a Resun CL-650 and recently the damn thing just beeps continuously and the display shows .E Anyone know what the hell is the matter with the thing? I suspect something is broken, if so anyone know where to get this fixed?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Moonbugs

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Is there any nano chiller? Like a chilling stick. And how well will it work for a 2ft tank?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Please please. I need help on how to do the settings for Teco TW6.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi All,

Would like to ask some advice.

I have a 3ft X 1.5ft X 1.5ft tank with Eheim 2215 and running at at temperature of about 25-26degrees, occasionally 27degrees. Would like to run the tank at approx. 23-24degrees. Already have 1 fan running as well. Which chiller would be recommended for me? 1/4 or 1/10?

Also, would like to find out how I can get the chiller to run at tank temperature rather then from the built-in temperature in the chiller.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by e[V]o|ut|on View Post
    Hi All,

Would like to ask some advice.

I have a 3ft X 1.5ft X 1.5ft tank with Eheim 2215 and running at at temperature of about 25-26degrees, occasionally 27degrees. Would like to run the tank at approx. 23-24degrees. Already have 1 fan running as well. Which chiller would be recommended for me? 1/4 or 1/10?

Also, would like to find out how I can get the chiller to run at tank temperature rather then from the built-in temperature in the chiller.

Im using a hailea hs 28a 1/10 HP with a 1200 LPH flowrate canister for my 3x1.5x1.5ft tank.
    I modified it with the external probe to get readings from my tank straight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jianyuan View Post
    Im using a hailea hs 28a 1/10 HP with a 1200 LPH flowrate canister for my 3x1.5x1.5ft tank.
    I modified it with the external probe to get readings from my tank straight.
    Eheim 2215 flowrate is only 620LPH, does this mean I need to get a 1/4 chiller or would a 1/10 suffice?

How do you modify the external probe to get the temperature readings direct from the tank?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

A 1/5 HP would be good enough for the tank. Unless you already have the 1/4 HP chiller.

But the flowrate might be a problem coming to either of the chillers that you've mentioned.

Can read up on the modifying, Bro Ralliart has done up short write up with pictures.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...nal+thermostat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

A 1/5 HP would be good enough for the tank. Unless you already have the 1/4 HP chiller.

But the flowrate might be a problem coming to either of the chillers that you've mentioned.

Can read up on the modifying, Bro Ralliart has done up short write up with pictures.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...nal+thermostat
    Thanks bro!

I have not gotten the chiller yet but am seeking advice as to which one I should get for my 3ft tank with a Eheim 2215.

What sort of flow rate problem I might encounter? Would modifying the chiller to use the external probe solve this issue?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

For hailea, what i read from most is that the existing thermoprobe is located at the chamber of the chiller itself, thus if the flowrate is not fast enough to replace water from it, the temperature reading will be inaccurate, thus resulting in frequent kick in or prlong kick in duration. Modding it with an external probe takes a live temperature reading from your tank straight an thus chilling temperature according to your tank.

Your canister flowrate stated is that when the canister is empty and running full force. Taking into account after packing medias into canister, flowrate would be reduced. And after connecting chiller, the flowrate of your filter may be quite low. Considering the fact that 3x1.5x1.5ft is about 160+litres of water. You may end up with less then 5x turnover rate from the canister.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

For hailea, what i read from most is that the existing thermoprobe is located at the chamber of the chiller itself, thus if the flowrate is not fast enough to replace water from it, the temperature reading will be inaccurate, thus resulting in frequent kick in or prlong kick in duration. Modding it with an external probe takes a live temperature reading from your tank straight an thus chilling temperature according to your tank.

Your canister flowrate stated is that when the canister is empty and running full force. Taking into account after packing medias into canister, flowrate would be reduced. And after connecting chiller, the flowrate of your filter may be quite low. Considering the fact that 3x1.5x1.5ft is about 160+litres of water. You may end up with less then 5x turnover rate from the canister.
    So recommended to change a higher flow rate canister like a 2217?

But if I do intend on still using the 2215, would a 1/4 be sufficient with a modification of the temperature probe? Would the chiller still kick in often?

Actually what does 1/4HP, 1/10HP etc mean? It is the horsepower of the chiller? So I were to use a higher HP chiller, say the 1/4, it can help to pump the water quicker?
    Last edited by e[V]o|ut|on; 31st Dec 2012 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Evolution, I have used a 500lt/hr pump with a chiller modified with an external temperature sensor for my nearly 2ft cube tank. This flowrate is the lowest I have used for a chiller without having the constant kick in/out problem.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Evolution, I have used a 500lt/hr pump with a chiller modified with an external temperature sensor for my nearly 2ft cube tank. This flowrate is the lowest I have used for a chiller without having the constant kick in/out problem.
    Hi Bro, Thanks!

You were using a 1/4 chiller?

So which means it may still be alright for me to use a 2215 with a 1/4 chiller modified with a external temperature sensor after all! Good to know that at least I don't have to upgrade my external canister to cater to the chiller otherwise pocket burn very big hole!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mine was 1/10hp chiller. Yours should be ok I guess. As long as the chiller is modified and flowrate is constant, the short kick in/out should not occur.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So actually how should I go about picking a chiller? What is the right way to find a suitable chiller for my current setup? What else would I need to take note of when purchasing/hunting for a chiller? Whether it can support the tank or whether it can support the filter?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast