Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

help for eheim 2222

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i turn anti-clockwise to open the pump cover and realised the white shaft like broekn into 2. Was it suppose to be one stick only? How much does the shaft alone cost?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Not sure if we are refering to the same thing. This happened to many(I got the feeling that sometimes the maker purposely create certain parts that broken easily. Then they offer you spare parts [] ). I use the plastic stick from cotton bud(those you use for cleaning ears). It can last for a few months before replacement. Anyway it cost almost nothing.

Turaco.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Had 4 ehiem cannister never had one that broke on me..maybe you can just buy the spare part and never do it again.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 5/25/2003 11:13:59 AM

Not sure if we are refering to the same thing. This happened to many(I got the feeling that sometimes the maker purposely create certain parts that broken easily. Then they offer you spare parts [] ). I use the plastic stick from cotton bud(those you use for cleaning ears). It can last for a few months before replacement. Anyway it cost almost nothing.

Turaco.
    ----------------
    they purposely made the shaft in plastic so ppl turn anti-clockwise and pull out the cover not horizontally it will break...arg...even dolphin powehead is using metal shaft for its powerhead 708 which im using. what the hell. Do u know how much the shaft cost?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you mean the impeller shaft? the one that has a magnet ring and fins around it? I don't understand the bit about not pulling out horizontally, if you open the impeller cover, there is only one way to pull it out, don't understand how you break it.

Anyway I only clean the filter like once in 6 months so should have very few opportunity to open the cover. Just be gentle about it as these are very precise parts, otherwise it wouldn't be quite so quiet.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 5/25/2003 11:28:56 AM

you mean the impeller shaft? the one that has a magnet ring and fins around it? I don't understand the bit about not pulling out horizontally, if you open the impeller cover, there is only one way to pull it out, don't understand how you break it.

Anyway I only clean the filter like once in 6 months so should have very few opportunity to open the cover. Just be gentle about it as these are very precise parts, otherwise it wouldn't be quite so quiet.
    ----------------
    its not the magnetic thing. Its the stick that go through the magnetic thing. u see the stick is fixed on the cover so when i turn anti-clockwise, and take out, the stick is already into 2 parts. i think when after turning anti-clockwise, izzit must take the cover out vertically so as to prevent the stick from bending and break?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The stick is suppose to be on that magnetic thing. Did you read the manual on how to dismatle or just dig and open?

Lucky yr nick isn't ehiem
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 5/25/2003 11:43:38 AM

The stick is suppose to be on that magnetic thing. Did you read the manual on how to dismatle or just dig and open?

Lucky yr nick isn't ehiem
    ----------------
    ya i know the stick suppose to go through the magnetic thing and affixed on the pump inside where theres a rubber for the stick to go thorugh as well as a rubber on the cover. Den i turn anti-clockwise and take out and it broke. feel like getting metal type but dunno can work with eheim 2222 not. what u guys think?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you're refering to the whitish stick that goes through the impeller shaft, a set consisting of 1 stick and 2 rubber caps for Eheim Ecco cost $6.90. For other range of Eheim filters, prices should be +/- there.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks bro for the info.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ahhh I see when you lift the impeller assembly cover the shaft came out with the cover and that must be when you managed to break it. anyway the replacement isn't so costly so suggest you can the original part, next time becareful when you open it. Like I said you should only clean it once every couple of months (assuming you're not keeping "dirty" fishes like LH or koi). Also use your tank water to wash the filter media instead of tap water so as not to kill all the de-nitrifying bacteria colony.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    the 'stick' is called a shaft.
    should be made out of ceramic which is tough but brittle.
    you must have bent it quite a bit to break it.
    anyway, you should buy the original replacement as ceramic has low friction.
    using other material may result in additional wear on the impeller bushing and impeller cost a lot more than a ceramic shaft.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I remind all forumers to choose your words carefully.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.