Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who deleted my post, please own up!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Who deleted my post, please own up!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I made a post yesterday in Aquarium in Plaza Singapura under Aquatalk, and there was an earlier recent post that has been there for a while. I see that both dissappeared shortly after the new post was displayed.

Did someone delete the 2 posts? Please identify yourself and explain.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Who deleted my post, please own up!

Mike

As a moderator, we take upon ourselves to make a call when it comes to performing our task, as long as it is justified on the part of the performing moderator, the senior moderators like myself will stand behind that decision.

ps. We are not obliged to explain for each and every action made by the moderators.

Just relax

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Simon

I respect the work of all the moderators, but even if my post is deemed irrelevant (which admittedly is in this case), I would have appreciated it if the moderator concerned had sent me a PM to tick off or suggest to have the thread split, which I find is basic courtesy. Every post I make, I make with much thought and dedication, relevant or irrelevant, and to have it deleted without so much as a note is being discourteous to me, to say the least. It is like you go back to your home and find it “deleted” from the ground. It is not as if I have said something so serious as to offend somebody’s religion, or defame LKY that the posts had to be deleted that urgently. Even Rony Tan was accorded basic courtesy by ISA moderators.

Maybe, as long time member, I feel I deserved to be treated with more respect than this. But of course, you guys might have the opposite view.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Mike

We thank you for your feedback, as much as we would like to give you what you asked for, we ain't the entities mentioned in your reply. We do not practise double standards here, nor we think that senior members should be treated better than the rest, but since you mentioned that, perhaps we should also take that senior members should know the rules like on the back of their hands and incident such as this, would not have happen?

just my 2cts :0
    Simon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Simon

I really don't get it? What have I said in that 2 deleted posts that showed I did not know the rules? No religion, no defamation, no ad hominem. What else? No light-hearted talk, albeit a digression/ wrong thread? I know the 3 all important rules, but what I perhaps didn't know was that the leeway in AQ has narrowed and the straight jacket had widen for the time I've been away from this place. Since you mentioned it, I expect very senior moderators like yourself to at least appreciate/ acknowledge the courtesy point I'm trying to drive at. Teach the juniors, admonish the seniors. That is my motto for the day!

Why not put my 2 posts back, split it to another thread, another section, and let all forumers decide for themselves.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

sorry Mike, we do not practice democracy in AQ, not now, not ever or at least in this occasion. I did not mentioned that he was a junior moderator behind the deletion.

To cut things short, we hear you but I still decline your request in dropping a courtesy call before/after the moderators act upon a post/thread. We are mere hobbyist here, trying to correlate the efforts of the community and we do have a life of our own outside AQ. I don't wish the moderators would spend more time than necessary in moderating AQ.

I do hope you understand that where I driving at.

Simon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    sorry Mike, we do not practice democracy in AQ.
    Ok, then how about consistency?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Mike

I too like to have consistency, but we ain't robot moderators programmed with the law of AQ here, as humans, we have different views/opinons or even tactics while moderating on certain issues hence inconsistency occurs.

ps. I'm not playing hard to get or anything, but that is how AQ functions.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Mike

....perhaps we should also take that senior members should know the rules like on the back of their hands and incident such as this, would not have happen?

just my 2cts :0
    Simon
    Then I pronounce you guilty for the above insinuation without showing evidence for all to see.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

LOL Mike, since when did you get elevated to being the Judge and Jury?

Cool down for once. None of the new moderators have the power to delete your posts, because they do not have powers to moderate in that subsection. I don't understand why you are insinuating that it is one of the junior moderators that did the deletion.

If the senior moderators did the deletion, they must have had their reasons. I've had my posts deleted in the past, but I did not kick up a fuss. I don't see why you should either.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

I though the signature already says "Here comes the Master Story Teller, Moderator-at-Large...".

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    I've had my posts deleted in the past, but I did not kick up a fuss. I don't see why you should either.
    Almost immediately, before any anyone had a chance of reading it, and could stand as witness?

Have you not heard of the song 'The first cut is the deepest'? Go check Rod Stewart's album.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by elmike View Post
    Almost immediately, before any anyone had a chance of reading it, and could stand as witness?
    Does it matter? They got deleted all the same.

As for the song, I don't see how it's related to this issue.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

but this isn't your first cut

anyway, I leave this thread as it is.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    Does it matter? They got deleted all the same.

As for the song, I don't see how it's related to this issue.
    Of course, it matters. An original joke a day keeps the doctor away... and should be shared for everyone's eyes.

I understand, anak bongsu no old enough to appreciate link. This IS my first cut, as far as I can remember.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes it's probably a joke to you, but it did happen. Okay scratch that, because obviously you won't believe it, so I'll stop trying.

I know who Rod Stewart is but apparently you missed my point. The song has no relevance to the issue. LOL too at your "anak bongsu" comment. You can be twice as old as I am, and the fact still remains, you are basically whining over 2 deleted posts. Get over it and move on orang tua.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Relax bro, my thread the whole thread was deleted but i never make a fuss about it, there must be a reason and i see that there is no point explaining to people about it, else the mods will be tired very fast.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro is now very relaxed.
    Anak bongsu's proposition I think is good, and me will move on, lest someone comes around and start suggesting this orang tua is pulling a publicity stunt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Elmike,

It was me.

Why? Because it was way off-topic, frivolous and not serious enough to warrant a split. And NO, I do not usually drop a PM or email to explain unless it is something that requires explanation or is a serious offence.

Based on what you posted, you, in fact, KNEW it was off topic, but you posted anyway. That you have a laughing smiley at the end of your admission to digressing implies you thought it was funny, or that it was a small matter to make MORE work for moderators.

And from the number of laughing smileys from you in this thread, you obviously aren't taking this very seriously.

Some will be curious what was posted in the "Aquarium at Plaza Singapura" thread, so I quote them below:
    Do you guys think lfs across the island will capitalise on this year being the tiger year by flooding their tanks with all kinds of tiger barbs?
    Now I am not even sure anymore if the tiger year is an auspicious year. Some say the Tiger wood chiong out to roar us out of the woods this year, at least, economically. Others say this year will surely be a 'baby no enough' year (an idea for Jack Neo ya). I personally think that during this one year, many a wife is doomed to be cheated by their husband So, I really don't know if I can call the Tiger year an auspicious year.
    Oops, sorry guys, for the digression.
    And then you replied to your OWN post:
    Now you guys believe me?
    I must admit that the speed at which it came took even myself off guard!
    Call it neotiger.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Elmike,

It was me.

Why? Because it was way off-topic, frivolous and not serious enough to warrant a split. And NO, I do not usually drop a PM or email to explain unless it is something that requires explanation or is a serious offence.

Based on what you posted, you, in fact, KNEW it was off topic, but you posted anyway. That you have a laughing smiley at the end of your admission to digressing implies you thought it was funny, or that it was a small matter to make MORE work for moderators.

And from the number of laughing smileys from you in this thread, you obviously aren't taking this very seriously.

If you don't like the way *I* run AQ... LEAVE!

Some will be curious what was posted in the "Aquarium at Plaza Singapura" thread, so I quote them below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I replicate fully mr vinz’s post as appeared in his e-mail notification to me. There was one particular line in which he had asked or tantamount to asking that I LEAVE AQ (in caps mind you, suggesting a very angry man and a badly pricked ego from my ‘admonish the senior' line), which he shrewdly deleted from the displayed post, apparently to make him look noble. Here, read for yourself…

“If you don't like the way *I* run AQ... LEAVE!”

It is devious and ungentlemanly of him to do this and, as far as I am concerned, he owes me an BIG apology, as I have not committed so serious a crime, as he himself admitted, as to warrant his stupidly belligerent tone. Pricked ego is no excuse for such dictatorial behaviour. I have admitted from the outset that what I posted was frivolous true to my online persona and to be taken in the jocular sense, and had even apologised for the digression. Like he said, my generous use of smileys proved that, so why is he so angry and still not admitting that he was being discourteous. Another apology here.

If it is true that Mr *I* alone runs AQ, dictator-style, then I request that this Dictator himself cancel my a/c and have all my post deleted from AQ. So he will not have to waste his time dealing with frivolous posts anymore.

Ad hominem begets ad hominem. Rudeness begets rudeness!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast