Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Hi bros dun u have this experience B4..?

Feedback Score

Hi bros dun u have this experience B4..?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    When u set up one 4ft tank, But yr gravel juz bought brand new and also didnt wash any juz direct put into yr tank Of cos cloudy but a few weeks later(2 weeks) yr water is very clear. Then i decide to add some rummy nose , emperor tetra , cardinal, Chocolate gourami, wes brown pencil fish...& shrimps..(PLANTS TOO)

WHAT I NOTICE!!!
    Rummy nose not red juz slightly abit red only, plus some of the tera die and gourami...
    (TODAY)
    RUMMY NOSE DEAD again.....plus tetra
    TEST KIT NOPE...

Only i can say is water very clear....(this is planted tank)

i using EHEIM ecco filter...2235
    <<<Nature(BEDOK AREA)
    Hp:91465830(sms)
    ICQ..(176965177)
    My mail([email protected]>>>

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You did not say the sequence of adding the bio-load and the plant. Perhaps u can give a chronological events after the 2 weeks when ur cloudiness disappear.

Also, did u do any test after adding ur bio-load for pH, NH3/NH4, NO2 and NO3. If u add in all the bio-loads at once, the nitrogen cycle would have kicked in again. The nitrogen cycle would not start unless there are bio-loads in ur tank.
    Zulkifli

Feedback Score
    hi bro morning!!!

i didnt do any test kit...
    my tank juz started 2 weeks so juz afew plants in inside thats why i say water is clear.....
    today still doing fine....Oh ya forgot to say 2 of my Oto also die yesterday!![]
    <<<Nature(BEDOK AREA)
    ICQ..(176965177)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    water clearer doesnt mean your tank is cycled. And seems to me you have added the fish at one go, leading to ammonia poisoning or nitrate poisoning?

Please correct me if im wrong here.
    There are basically 2 methods of cycling your tank.
    Cycling with fish or fishless cycling.

I am not too sure about fishless cycling, probably one have to introduce ammonia or other cycling powder etc.

For cycling with fish, you can introduce fish in small number with interval of days up to a week. This allows the beneficial bacteria to build up in your canister filter or other medium etc.

It will also help a lot if you have a planted tank heavily planted.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    concept : tank has nothing inside, water looks clear, must be OK~!
    concept : add new fish, it's ok, cos it's alright~!

not quite right lah

cos when there's nothing in the tank, the biological cycle hasn't taken off yet
    so when you add a lot of fish and plants at one shot, the cycle starts, you get massive nh3 and no2 poisoning
    anyway, since your fish are kena liao, i recommend changing 50% water everyday for like a wk
    the cycle should be sorted out together with your plants by then

if you notice reddish gills, adding some salt (1tbsp per 40l) should stop the nitrite burn
    good luck~

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 6/1/2003 6:20:26 PM

not quite right lah

so when you add a lot of fish and plants at one shot, the cycle starts, you get massive nh3 and no2 poisoning
    anyway, since your fish are kena liao, i recommend changing 50% water everyday for like a wk

if you notice reddish gills, adding some salt (1tbsp per 40l) should stop the nitrite burn
    good luck~

----------------
    hi

no no no....me put plant 1st then fishes!!!
    [:] [:]
    me cycle that tank for 2 week (of cos inside have plants..)then i put fish into it...
    my fre lorba can be my witness...!!!
    [:0]

may i know what if (new)gravel didnt wash direct to tank will have anything happen..?
    <<<Nature(BEDOK AREA)
    ICQ..(176965177)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/1/2003 7:41:33 PM

----------------
    On 6/1/2003 6:20:26 PM

not quite right lah

good luck~

----------------
    hi

no no no....me put plant 1st then fishes!!!
    [:] [:]
    me cycle that tank for 2 week (of cos inside have plants..)then i put fish into it...
    my fre lorba can be my witness...!!!
    [:0]

may i know what if (new)gravel didnt wash direct to tank will have anything happen..?

----------------
    Hi Nature, have i seen you before? Can't recall..

anyway, putting plants in a tank is not cycling the tank at all. Maybe after a much longer period when many plants decomposed ... blar blar..
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Eskew me ah, how come u bruder here bruder there, no char bor on this forum meh? Can be a bit more polite or not ah? At least call mrs budak auntie lah.

Also hor, cycling means must introduce some nitrogen compounds lah, like put some fish in so that they can contribute the s** and j**. You put plant is not called cycling lah.

Fishless cycling will involve adding some chemicals into the tank. Your auntie here read on some pages that some brave souls actually add liquid ammonia (the cleaning agent) into the tank!

You never cycle plants properly, quickly dump so many fish into the tank, suddenly your very clear water got too much of the s** and j** and not enough bacteria to digest, your fish sure will liao one wat. Like you put ten super flatulent sumo wrestlers with super chao BO and yourself into a 1'X 1' sealed room, stay there for 10 hours see whether you will survive or not.

Why u dunno this ah? mrs budak think got read your posts before. This is not your first tank right? How come still so blur?

Finally hor, mrs budak hopes that you can understand my England. Because mrs budak also got problems understanding u...
    Another quality, non aquatic-related post from mrs budak!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Exactly, I give it to Mrs Budak cos she can even rem this is nt your first tank, even i do. Have fun mate!

HAHAHAHAHAAH I love your last line!!