Country
    Singapore

Crypt Rot

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All,

It is my observation that Cryptocryne for tanks are best cultivated from emersed. I have tried both submerged and emersed, submerged plants has a higher tendency to rot and the entire plant is lost while emersed rots, if they do, at a much slower rate, giving enough time for new submerged shoots to appear.

Does anyone share the same observation?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    did you move them around, err.. frequently? Cryptocorynes are strong plants that can go on and on for years if the parameter stays suitable and constant.

I tried growing crypto submerged and emersed. Submerged growth are pretty strong, discounting those that i replanted recently. Emersed growth is slow due to dry environment that I had them in.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    No, I planted 3 new pots of submerged ones from LFS into my tank and they just dissolved into the water
    : (

While those I got from Teo, emersed type, were more robust.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Some less common species will melt more than others, but the more common ones tend to be quite robust. If you change the lighting, move them etc they will melt but come back after awhile.

Some spcies such as C lingua, nurii are more for emergent growth.
    Glass jars on a window sill works quite well. It does not have to be high tech at all. I grow mine outside here in the summer/fall and spring and also some Lag's. Lag's are less likely to melt and are larger.
    See the Crypt's pages for more info on cultivation and other species specifics.

Regards,
    Tom Barr