Images
    Country
    Singapore

A good start....

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Finally reached home after a horrible jam somewhere along North-South Highway last Friday Night(Saturday 3am). Was so tired after the aweful drive but nothing beats the sight of my tank,so as always, I was trying to enjoy the new setup of my 4x2x2 despite the darkness. Just added a pair of Bolivian and 20 harlequinn into my tank the Sunday before and wonder how they are doing now. The harlequinn, as always, got so excited whenever I walk near the tank, simply loved them... hehe... playing with the harlequinn with the tip of my fingers and could see them dashing up and mingling around.... After some searching, finally saw one of my bolivian, which was surprisingly agressive towards all its neighbours, especially it own partner. Began worrying if I could have got a Male-Male pair instead, Soon I realised no matter how it tried to attack others, it will return to the original spot, fully flared up even if no other fishes are nearby. Curious, I turn on the lights of my living room, just enough lights penetration for me to my delightful findings, my female Bolivian is guarding about 100 eggs on a small piece of drift wood. I was like "OMG!!! Look at that!!!" Worry that I might stressed the "mum", I retreated slowly and turn off the lights of my living room and proceed to my bed....

Day broke, I woke up early to visit Gan. While waiting for my wife before we left, I took the chance to quickly took a few shots of the "Mum and her eggs". I had orginally wanted to add few Altums to my tank but I felt other wise since I witnessed the "coming new members" to my tank. So I just got about 20 tiny Cardinals and 4 Flame Pencils from Gan and quickly proceed home. The mum were still holding its ground firmly despite the new neighbours. On and off we would see the mum pecking in the eggs, which really worry us if she had gave up or is she just removing those bad eggs.

It must have been terribly stressed for the mum but I think she did a great job defending its egg. The eggs are still there before I left for KL on Sunday night. I am real sad I can't witness the birth of my first batch of fries(besides those feeder fishes I had when I was like 8-9 years old). Can only hope for the best now...

Here are some pics:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Why in the world do you add more stress to the guarding bolivian ram by adding some more fishes to the tank? Other fishes would definitely attempt to peck on the eggs whenever there is a chance...mind you..even tetras do it.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Congrats!!!

Help you link your pic!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/9/2003 4:32:18 PM

Why in the world do you add more stress to the guarding bolivian ram by adding some more fishes to the tank? Other fishes would definitely attempt to peck on the eggs whenever there is a chance...mind you..even tetras do it.
    ----------------
    Hi Peter,
    Well, I thought of that....
    those are very tiny tetras I got....
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nah...you would still need to add liquid fry food...
    Extracted from the krib.com

initially the fry are too small to accept baby brine shrimp and must be feed "micro" foods. After about three days they will accept brine shrimp nauplii. Water quality is extremely important to the fry.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Peter,
    Roger, thanks for the hint to the link, I will hunt for the rest of the info needed from here
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...