Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    some of us, oso waiting for Gan's stock to come in.. I wanna breed zebra pleco []

Feedback Score
    I am staying in Sembawang now. Cheers.

All forumers,

Thanks for your help. Good day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Zebra plecs are more omnivorous than herbivorous.thats one unique thing abt them

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ya ! & they luv blood worm ! oishii ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    woah! went to b328 last evening to look at the L046.

yeah, L046 were really beautiful but L$$$ was S$70!!! the nuggets were S$50!!!

hmm, no wonder they've so many left...

well, at least my existing otos are working.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/8/2002 9:35:39 AM

woah! went to C328 last evening to look at the L046.

yeah, L046 were really beautiful but L$$$ was S$70!!! the nuggets were S$50!!!

hmm, no wonder they've so many left...

well, at least my existing otos are working.
    ----------------
    Coryfav ! understand there will be more shipments of Pleco ( inclusive of Zebra and gold nugget ) by June or July, prices should down by then ! so ! sit tight ! Cheers ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh.. i saw one pleco that have a single yellow strip across its whole body.. any idea what is it?
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/8/2002 11:20:48 AM

akoh.. i saw one pleco that have a single yellow strip across its whole body.. any idea what is it?

----------------
    Kel ! single yellow strip across its whole body ! man ! this is new ! where u saw it ? what colour is the body ? .
    If the yellow strip is on the dorsal fin and the body is green then it is L47 mango or magnum , if the yellow strip is on the dorsal fin and the body is black with yellow dots then it is L177 Iriri Gold Nugget, if there multiple yellow strips on a black body then it is Laser or flash, forgot the L no. oreli ![] Cheers ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok.. i check it out for u today after class.. i ask the boss what is it.. then post on the net..
    Kelvin
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Akoh,
    to keep L46 (zebra), does it need planted tank? but with it... the pleco always hide, then how to see it??? how is the maintenance for it? what are required for it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/8/2002 1:36:35 PM

Akoh,
    to keep L46 (zebra), does it need planted tank? but with it... the pleco always hide, then how to see it??? how is the maintenance for it? what are required for it?

----------------
    Kel ! planted or plain tank with drift woods is okay/fine for Zebra. Like U said they hide most of the time, the only time u can see them is during feeding !. Generally like all Suckermouth catfishes, zebra plecos are very hardy fishes. They luv highly oxidiated, slight drift current and ph of 6.5 to 7. Maintenance is no hassle ! just make sure u do weekly water change.
    If any of u ppl ! want to try and breed this fellow !, try this out ! it may work ! coz' I read this somewhere ! - use a 1" Dia. x 6 " length bamboo, split the bamboo into equal halves, next fasten the two back into position and attached a weight to each ends, sink it to " a quite corner " at the bottom of the tank. If the u're lucky and everything is right ! they'll breed and lay the egg in the bamboo !. Oh ! Yah ! I forgotten one very important point ! you need at least a general ratio of 6:1 ie. 6 male and 1 female. Please don't ask me all the " W " coz' this is what I 've read ! Have Fun ! Cheers !

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys n gals!
    I'm a newbie here.This will b my 1st official question/suggestion.What if we could pool everyone orders n then purchase L46 in bulk from Gan's when he gets a new shipment in? It could b quite a saving on our own wallets.It will also saves us time hunting around Singapore 4 the elusive species at a lower price.

BFG
    [email protected]
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    BFG ! I'm in ! Cheers ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh.. i found out what the fish is.. it is not a suckerfish aka pleco.. it like a catfish.. sigh.. sorry for the wrong or false hope..
    []

Feedback Score
    Count me in as well. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi!

I was hoping if there r regular customer of Gan's, maybe can slow talk to him.Even if can't get special price maybe can set aside a number of L46 4 us.Easier 4 all of us.No need to disturb him everytime we visit him n ask whether he got any L46.

Happy Chinese New Year!!!! [] [] []

BFG
    [email protected]
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Wind, BFG and others interested in L46. Thankyou for your interest. As L46 is a seasonal fish, we regret to tell you guys that they will only be available from us for the next season (?April?). Meanwhile, for those who can't wait, it is recommended that you purchase our available stocks: L134, L248, LDA 33, L177, L81, L128 are all nice and petite sized plecos which will not outgrow your tanks. As for prices, I think Akoh (our pleco guru) will agree with me that our prices are already rock bottom. For example, apart from the Imperial Zebras, L128 was going at $70 in LFS, we're selling them for 40 only. Please visit us @ LCK Plot 180 Neo Tiew Lane 2 with your ANG PAO. There are more plecos under our roof than any LFS ****We're open through CNY***

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hello.

Gan aquarium fish farm.When u say next season April, do u mean next year April?[:0] []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/11/2002 8:02:03 PM

Hello.

Gan aquarium fish farm.When u say next season April, do u mean next year April?[:0] []

----------------
    BFG !, I was with Gan yesterday and understand Zebra Pleco shipment should be " in " sometime in June or July, I'll update u guys ! Cheers []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi, saw a "spotted, greenish" pleco in b328 earlier this week.
    quoted $50 for it.
    anyone else seen it? very interested to know what type.
    tks!
    p.s. - looked a tiny bit like my corydoras similis![]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast