Thread: Pelcos

Feedback Score

Pelcos

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I want to buy some nice plecos(not those black ones). Ever saw them in one lfs but forgot where liao. Anyone know where got sell? Abt how much?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi wind, u can try clementi blk 328, Gan or Qianhu.. price dependent on species

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/6/2002 11:12:48 AM

Hi,

I want to buy some nice plecos(not those black ones). Ever saw them in one lfs but forgot where liao. Anyone know where got sell? Abt how much?
    ----------------
    Hi Wind ! which particular pleco u are looking for ? coz' there are alot of different type ! and price ranges from different species !, it can be 20 to few hundred bucks !.
    Is ur tank planted ? coz' there are several species that luv or freak out over plants ! []

Anyway there are several LFS that sell these fellow namely Tiong Bahru, Petmart, H2O, C328 etc. and FF that bring in these fellow are Qian Hu, Gan etc .

Give me a brief description of that pleco u're looking for and I'll see how I can be of help ! or u can check out
    www.planetcatfish.com
    Have Fun ! Cheers ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh, i'm thinking of getting one of those common black pleco for my 1.5ft planted tank. Think it's a good idea? TiongBahru has smaller-sized ones.

I now have 3 xiaojingling in there, but not sure if they're last for long. (Hope they'll settle the algae problem in there, before they rise to sainthood!)

I've a betta, normal & albino neon tetras, albino cory and rasbora hengeli in that tank. So, SAE won't fit in there...[:]

Thanks!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Get a zebra[] My favourite. I never like plecos until I saw the zebra pleco.

So far I believe for zebra, C328 is the cheapest but I believed thats bcos theirs are not wild caught but farm bred.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/6/2002 1:55:15 PM

akoh, i'm thinking of getting one of those common black pleco for my 1.5ft planted tank. Think it's a good idea? TiongBahru has smaller-sized ones.

Thanks!
    ----------------
    Hi coryfav ! don't waste ur $ on those " black fellow " , they eat and grow like nobody business ! and believe me u gonna have a hard time trying to dispose the joker later, I'm sure some will agreed !. So ! if u seriously thinking of picking up a pleco ! the choice would be L46 - Zebra Pleco or Imperial Pleco, it's beautiful fish and hot favourite among the pleco collector ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh.. perhaps u can help him out on this area.. give him some examples on it.. coz u are the pleco expert leh.. hehehe
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh, actually i've been eyeing the zebra pleco for a long long time now![]

but my algae-problem tank is only 1.5ft. can meh?
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/6/2002 4:04:10 PM

akoh, actually i've been eyeing the zebra pleco for a long long time now![]

but my algae-problem tank is only 1.5ft. can meh?
    ----------------
    Coryfav ! Zebra should do okay ! but I doubt they'll clear ur algae prob. well ! alternatively u can check out the Twig Suckermouth catfish ( about 35 bucks ), they're known to luv algae ! they should do the job BUT ! I have to warn u - they're not as hardy as the Zebra, let me know if u need more input ! Cheers ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh, too late lah! now i want the L046!!![:0]

but now i know what Farlowella sp. is - Twig Suckermouth catfish?

i always thought L046 need big open space. hmm...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    simon, don't worry lah! since akoh said L046 may not solve my algae problem, i'm not going to torture the little fella in that small tank.

maybe in my 2ft tank? lol!

i was reserving this dream boat for my 3ft tank. when i get it (the tank), if i get it...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/6/2002 4:36:47 PM

akoh, too late lah! now i want the L046!!![:0]

but now i know what Farlowella sp. is - Twig Suckermouth catfish?

i always thought L046 need big open space. hmm...
    ----------------
    Coryfav ! L46 ! no mistake lah !

There are several species that belongs to the farlowella family eg. Dwarf, giant , common twig etc they're all algae eater ! friendly to plant too ! , U should also check this species out ! they're just as interesting !.

Zebra don't need a big open space ! in fact they hide most of the time !. Cheers! []

Akoh
    Fwoah ! Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Hi Akoh,

Looking for Zebra Pelco but saw it selling at 70 bucks few weeks back. Wat abt other type of pelco(those with broad head and gold dot on body)? Give me the price as a rough guide too. Thnaks alot

Feedback Score
    Hi Wind

The zebra pleco (or L46 as akoh wld refer to it as) shld cost abt $35 at c328 last time i was there. Got mine at $45 in tampines (the lau pan listed it as $75 but me regular...can't be bothered to go far far). Akoh wld prob be able to tell u where u can get it at a gd pr...i think...

& he's also rite...they hide most of the time....

Gd luck...

Nizz

----------------
    On 2/6/2002 5:35:31 PM

Hi Akoh,

Looking for Zebra Pelco but saw it selling at 70 bucks few weeks back. Wat abt other type of pelco(those with broad head and gold dot on body)? Give me the price as a rough guide too. Thnaks alot
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/6/2002 5:35:31 PM

Hi Akoh,

----------------
    Hi Wind ! the prices of L46 Zebra is in proportion to its size , So it can range from 35 to 90 bucks !. The one with the broad head and gold dots on its body is called a Gold nugget Pleco L18, L81, L85 or L177. Why ? the diff. in L number ? well ! its bcoz' they're found in four diff. rivers. The colour and size of the dots are diff.too !. I personally like the L177 bcoz' it has very broad yellow margin on its dorsal fin !. Price ranges from 35 to 50 bucks !. It's commonly available in most LFS or FF So ! if u're thinking of picking it up ! take ur time ! look around ! , have fun ! , Cheers ! []

Check out : www.planetcatfish.com for more info'

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/7/2002 12:23:07 AM

Hi Wind

The zebra pleco (or L46 as akoh wld refer to it as) shld cost abt $35 at c328 last time i was there. Got mine at $45 in tampines (the lau pan listed it as $75 but me regular...can't be bothered to go far far). Akoh wld prob be able to tell u where u can get it at a gd pr...i think...

& he's also rite...they hide most of the time....

Gd luck...

Nizz
    ----------------
    Hi nizz! C328 selling L46 Zebra for 35 bucks ! how big ?, well ! must be juvenile !.

Wind ! at 35 bucks ! it's a good buy ! Cheers ![]

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Hi Akoh,

Thanks for your help. Just check the prices yesterday and they are selling it at $70 leh, double the price of $35. I think it is ridiculous . A few dollars more then its ok but double the price!!!! Need to look around some more. If there is anyone out there who can find cheaper source, pls let me know. Thanks

Rgds
    Wind

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 2/7/2002 10:06:13 AM

Hi Akoh,

Thanks for your help. Just check the prices yesterday and they are selling it at $70 leh, double the price of $35. I think it is ridiculous . A few dollars more then its ok but double the price!!!! Need to look around some more. If there is anyone out there who can find cheaper source, pls let me know. Thanks

Rgds
    Wind
    ----------------
    Hi Wind ! Gan and QH ! used to sell the smaller one for less than 50 bucks BUT ! I think they oreli ran out of stock !, anyway I'll update u once I have info' on Zebra ! Cheers ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Hi Wind

I'll look out for u too. When i bought mine (zebra), they had the golden nugget as well ($45). Where r u staying btw?

Akoh: Yes, u r rite. They were juveniles.

Nizz

----------------
    On 2/7/2002 10:06:13 AM

Hi Akoh,

Rgds
    Wind
    ----------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast