Thread: "Canister Filter"

Feedback Score

"Canister Filter"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all Experts,

Has anyone used a Atman 3337/3338? So how's e filter performance? Does it break down easily? Is it true tat Atman doesnt have spare parts available in Sg?

Currently my 2ft tank(60l) is running on Eheim 2213 but i find e flowrate wasnt gd enuff(390/h) so thought of getting Atman due to budget constraint, in which Atman3338 flowrate is 1200l/h).

Eheim 2213 Canister Filter:
    for tank size up to 250l
    Pump output: 440l/h
    Filter circulation: 390l/h
    Delivery head: 1,50 m Ws
    Filter volume: 3l
    Power consumption: 8 W

Atman 3337 Canister Filter:
    for tank size up to 120-150l
    Pump output: cant find info
    Filter circulation: 1000l/h
    Delivery head: cant find info
    Filter volume: 6.5l
    Power consumption: 30 W

Atman 3338 Canister Filter:
    for tank size up to 150-200l
    Pump output: cant find info
    Filter circulation: 1200l/h
    Delivery head: cant find info
    Filter volume: 7.5l
    Power consumption: 35 W

Paraniod now, so is it advisable for me to change my Eheim 2213 to Atman 3337/3338?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    is there some reason you need such a high flow rate? maybe you could clean up your 2213 and see if it improves... is your 2213 very old? In which case wear and tear can lead to a loss in flow rate.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    if you are keeping a planted tank... you dun need such a high flow rate isnt it?

2 feet, at most around 100litres... 390 litres is almost 4 times the tank capacity... that is more tahn enough... some books advocates low flow rates for planted tank...

you might want to reconsider... moreover, you have put in so much money for the ehiem...
    ----------------------------

do not do to others what you will not want done to you!

be kind! =)

Feedback Score
    Tks Allen_1971 & Checkerboard, my Eheim is juz 2mths old, did cleaning even e propeller but it's still so slow in filtering tat's y want to get another canister filter. In ISO 1 set out of 1000 is tested, maybe mine is defective.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How do you quantify that your filter flowrate is bad?
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Hmmm....If it takes ard 2hrs to juz clear e water which is slightly filled wif dirt fr gravel as S.A.E or Golden scuffle on e gravel....so is is consider not effective? And i juz cleaned e Eheim on Sun, 2days ago, even opened up & clean e propeller.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Okay...first of all, I don't think you need to change your current filter. The type of filtration you seem to be asking for could well suck your fishes into the filter as well...LOL [] ...Its normal for dirt to form on the gravel surface or get suspended in the water during early stages of new tanks..just don't expect the filter to suck it out immediately..(Don't know if it really is true but I find it that way...as the filter floss gets more dirty, it actually can trap more stuff?)...Just add more filter floss to your current filter and it should work well given more time. Don't wash your filter too often.

Feedback Score
    heeheee....of course i am not asking for a filter that suck e gravel dirt...cos it'll suck my fishes too....ju aking for one which can clean ur e dirt that caused by e S.A.E or golden.....slightly more effective than Eheim 2213. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hahaa..you replied real fast...I made some modification to the above comments though...Add more filter floss could be the key..plus more time for your filter floss to get season so as to trap more stuff.[]

Feedback Score
    cool....so now i know wat's e trick....add more filter wool then it seasoned it will be better....i will keep my Eheim but will be getting another canister, tks Peter!

hi r u interested in getting Atman 3337, me have one to sell going for $65 less then a year.
    e-mail ::::: [email protected]