Country
    Singapore

confused about regulator/solenoid

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone!

I am also quite new to CO2 set up, currently borrowing my friend's CO2 system, controling it by just adjusting the regulator and counting the bubbles.

I am thinking of getting a CO2 system myself soon. Just want to know which part of the control portion is considered the solenoid and which part is the regulator. The one i am using only has one reading which i think is the pressure in kPA.
    Hope you guys can enlighten me if possible give me some web add with pictures to look at. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Regulator connects directly to the CO2 cylinder. It's job is to regulate the output pressure to a safe & usable level.

A soleniod valve is a electrically activated valve that turn on or cut off the gas flow. It is placed after the regulator and is usually activated by a timer or a pH controller.

There will be a needle valve either before or after the solenoid valve to control the flow rate.

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh i see. So regulators come with one or two panels, while solenoid is that small black box connected to the regulator?
    Thanks man!