Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mollies vs rest of the world

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My Dalmation Mollies are at it again. They left my Red Wag Platys alone, went for my Java ferns and after I added Leopard Corys, now are bugging the Corys. I'm not sure if this is a domination thing and short term or something inherent since the Corys are smaller. I've taken them (Mollies) out of the tank until I figure this out. The Corys are now getting to know their new home better. Anyone with any ideas over Mollie behaviour?
    "Do Not Take Counsel Of Your Fears!" -
    Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Mollies vs rest of the world

mollies or platy ?

platy will be more aggressive than molly.

CHeers..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Definitely Mollies.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

This is so interesting. I have 2 black molly in my planted tank with Zebra danio, white cloud, tetras and 2 cory, and they are living in harmony. There is no issue with the molly being aggressive to others, only that they will fight for a good spot during feeding time. My 2 molly even school together with the danios which is fun to watch.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I tried removing them out of the tank but gave up after catching 6 out of 10 Mollies (placed them in the office tank) and the remaining Mollies have started behaving. Aggressive fighters at meal times but otherwise tame now. My Glasscats are also safe from them! Maybe too many of them to start with?

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, maybe they trying to be the alpha of the tank. My molly is a minor in the tank with the danio and white cloud outnumbering them. Maybe you should add a fish that is bigger than the molly then you will see them nicely settle down.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'