Country
    Singapore

Re: Betta channoides

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hey Fahmi, welcome to AQ!
    channoides do well in pH ranging from 5-7, so not too worry...
    lifeisfullofemptypromisesandbrokendreams
    Hypancistrus and Tanganyikan cichlids breeding

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ouuuigh View Post
    better to cycle the tank for 30days before putting fish in , my ph is 6.5 - 7
    thanks for the info, bro..
    anyway, water been cycled for nearly a week.. searching for driftwood now to put in the tank..

Quote Originally Posted by johannes View Post
    hey Fahmi, welcome to AQ!
    channoides do well in pH ranging from 5-7, so not too worry...
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Bro Johannes..
    By cycling water, can the pH drop or i need to use peat, driftwood or pH minus/down to bring the pH down? after nearly a year out of "Show Betta Scene", i lose touch on all this basic things..
    Thanks in advance..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

actually it's up to you, if you decide to go for low pH, the u add more KTP leaves and driftwood when you cycle the tank and vice versa.
    lifeisfullofemptypromisesandbrokendreams
    Hypancistrus and Tanganyikan cichlids breeding

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks Bro Johannes..
    Last edited by johannes; 17th May 2010 at 12:29. Reason: remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

UPDATE 190510
    i lowered the water level and add a waterfall using my driftwood and HOF , add Ketapang leaves but still the water is like no differents , i try boiling it and pour it in to the tank when cooled but the next day , water back to normal , i found a few albino insects , that is small , golden color , pink eyes , able to jump and love my driftwood that is out of the water and the waterfall , pictures....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hey it looks very nice. I think one thing that may be causing the water to be cloudy is the soil. I had the same soil in my office tank and every time I change anything or add water, etc., the water became very cloudy from the sediments in the soil. It's Gex soil right? actually, any soil will probably do it if you disturb it.

Also boiled water not so good. You should just age your water in a pail ... put some ketapang leaves in it and aerate it.

But give it time. It looks great.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

thanks bro , my water is not cloudy is very clear but only abit brownish , i heard that boilling is better den leaving it there , from another forum . but my channoides dont have as nice color as last time , now is like grey? not red like few days ago , think due to the change of scaping , any idea how to trigger them to breeding status?
    Last edited by johannes; 20th May 2010 at 09:33. Reason: remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Brownish is from the ketapang leaves. That is the kind of water they like.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Any expert that have breed them . Can tell me your parameters and setup? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

B. Channoides breeding

Hello bro and sis . I keep b. Channoides and wish to know how to breed them. Anyone successfully breed them and successfully raise their fry till adult with minimum deathrates . Can share your experience here ? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: B. Channoides breeding

Have you try any of the national library? is there any books related to wild betta in the library? how about bookstore?

Mod Johannes, any info? Thanks in advance..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Support the economy! don't breed! BUY MORE! hahaha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

breeding is good , in case the species is endangered , we can help to revive the species , haha

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I agree, but let's face it. Hobbyist on our scale cannot save anything. I think the most important thing is to create an environment for our fishes that will ensure their comfort and happiness...then if they breed, that should be a bonus.

Besides, most of the channoides we buy are probably captive bred. Not wild caught...because if you read up, they are supposed to be among the easiest and most willing to breed. I just love them because they are so cute...mine now even take worms out of my fingers. Next, to train them to sit, heel and speak!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

channoides is the easiest mouthbrooder.. keep them happy, and don't keep disturb them, they will breed for you...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yah, Brother Spirit! Quickly go breed some more and next time, double bag hor! See you in a couple of weeks!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Betta channoides

hello bro and sis , i have a pair of channoides but haven pair yet , the male is showing its breeding color and keep looking for white stones or white around things at the bottom , and i drop one of my white sand in , and it picks it up and keep it in for awhile before spiting it out , but on the other hand my female which i think is so much smaller about one head shorter and smaller den the male do not show its color and keep run away when the male chase it and the male will stop at the front of the female and curve his body to a C shape and the female just look at him and run away and hide , what should i do? is my female not old enough to breed? should i feed them tubiflex worm to increase the chances of breeding as stated in some other website , any little help will be good thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

UPDATE 280510
    i rescape the tank into a nicer and more suitable tank , they are doing pretty well and the male is showing breeding color last night but the female is not , and everything when normal this morning , no breeding color , no chasing around , just sharing space and looking at me when i come close , will update soon when anything happens

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Bro ouuuigh, I am keeping Betta Channoides too. Same thing happen to my pair of betta. I think we just need to wait till they are willing to spawn. Anyway i just enjoy watching them. Of couse it will be good if they were to breed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

lucky that it is not just me , i think my female is abit too small to breed but hope it breed for me
    during my 3day trip which is 6 hours from now ,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast