Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    the following are from Aquabotanic.com

Pictures provided by Maurizio Nicosia.

Thanks a lot

---------------------------------------------

Hi all, I'm Maurizio Nicosia, friend of Andrea, webmaster of naturAcquario.net that it collects the photos of the tanks of mister Takashi Amano, Andrea, and mine.

Also the photos of Greece (and Europe) are mine

Andrea and I went at 1° symposium on the Natural Aquarium with Takashi Amano in Bologna. I opened the symposium with an examination of the lay outs in the Amano's tanks.

He has appreciated the relation and he wishes that I will write an article for Aqua Journal. The images for my relation are contained in naturacquario.net/pres.

The folder has been prepared with improvised tools, but the images will give you an idea of my relation. I can show You the lay out of the Aman Bologna's tank

The plants: Anubias, Vesicularia, Bolbitis, Eleocharis, Hygrophila polysperma, Ludwigia inclinata.

My best wishes,
    Maurizio Nicosia
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Nice.Thanks for sharing.
    I wonder if simplicity(low maintainence plants) is the rage these days.
    #nicholas
    Web Album

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/14/2003 10:11:41 PM

Nice.Thanks for sharing.
    I wonder if simplicity(low maintainence plants) is the rage these days.
    ----------------
    I think its how much time and effort you can put in for it. If all is limited, then a low maintainence tank is the way.

By the way, I think its a small version of this :

人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    My 75 gallon tank is a lot like these tanks he's been doing lately but I'm using more stem plants.

For large deep tanks, the slower growers are easy and the wood poking up looks nice extending the tank "beyond the box".

You'll notice that you don't need particularly fancy wood, just a fair number of branches and use rocks to support their placement and to build up a natural looking mound around the wood.
    Also the small branches do not block the light and most folks like plants attached to wood etc.

You can use a MH or a PC style pendent for lighting. I've used both.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow...My arowana would be very happy in that tank....i could even swim in it too.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That is a LARGE Tank[:0] [:0] [:0]
    I can never imagine myself planting such a huge one...[:0]
    Click here to help me make my Fish Room Project a reality!

Feedback Score
    What is interesting to me is that the unfilled tank is already very attractive.
    Imagine what the filled up tank with fauna would be like

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Lorba for sharing. You've the final look of this small tank?

I personally feel very strongly for his big tank design. It reflects his deep sense of awareness for the majestic forest floor.

What is so interesting is that every piece of wood has its charm to look at, and each piece compliment aesthetically with others, giving the tank an illusion of space and depth. It also has a very good sense of unity, with woods dancing beautifully and yet rhythmically, which flow with that lines of repetition, leading and attracting our eye from point to point, thus giving me that deeper sense of charm and stillness. All these are made possible with the appropriate use of plants, yet without the use of strong color contrast.

The constant flow of interest gives a gestalt sense of visual appeal and speak well about our musical forest, so wild and yet filled with peace. The composition has smaller but denser woods/plants on the left, and bigger woods on the right. With that extra space on the right, it gives a very appealing asymmetrical balance to the whole design.

I awed with wonder for this piece of work, so close that has metaphorically represented the wilderness, yet interesting enough to inspire and touch my heart - with his high standard of design. Yes, indeed I've a lot to learn!

Just sharing my inspiration for this work.