Advertise here

Advertise here
    Very very nice setup, I love your fissiden lawns

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Nav's Iwagumi Project Log "Greater Heights"

Looking very well bro Nav... and you upgraded your canister too? omg... so... selling away your 2028? lol...
    Maybe its time to switch to a CRS only tank? haha...

thanks for your recommendation on the Inline Diffusor.. will use it when i have done enough water change to remove the ammonia & nitrite...
    钱不是问题!问题是。。。我没有钱。。。
    花钱像拉屎一样简单,赚钱像吃屎一样难。。。

http://alvinchan80.blog.fc2.com

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I SIMPLY love the look of the Marimo lawn...

Bro...keep update on the process if there is any attack from the Cladophora algae like what bro Adrain says...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by alvinchan80 View Post
    Looking very well bro Nav... and you upgraded your canister too? omg... so... selling away your 2028? lol...
    Maybe its time to switch to a CRS only tank? haha...

thanks for your recommendation on the Inline Diffusor.. will use it when i have done enough water change to remove the ammonia & nitrite...
    Thanks bro, although I feel that its very hard to maintain the iwagumi'ness if it remains a shrimp tank too.
    Erm, 2028 sold already! hahaha!

Why CRS only tank? I like the fire reds too, very active compared to CRS. But have to admit that CRS looks more striking dued to the contrasting colors.

Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    I SIMPLY love the look of the Marimo lawn...

Bro...keep update on the process if there is any attack from the Cladophora algae like what bro Adrain says...
    Actually, this is the 2nd lawn. The 1st was partly affected by BBA and rather than try to rescue it and fight a protracted war with the BBA, I just threw it out.
    Lesson learnt, don't install a marimo lawn until the tank is algae free because the marimo cannot be excel bombed.

This 2nd lawn costed even more (used up 10 balls, almost double) as I expanded the lawn to try and create a tapered look. Hopefully it enhances the illusion of depth.
    No cladophora so far at all...I think I'm just lucky here.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Hi all,

Another long overdued update!

bro,

nice set up.

can I check how to you achieve the foreground (at the bottom right corner) and the plants on your main rock?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by calvin18 View Post
    bro,

nice set up.

can I check how to you achieve the foreground (at the bottom right corner) and the plants on your main rock?
    Thanks bro.
    I seriously need to tidy up the scape and retake a photo. haha.

That foreground is made of flatten marimo balls.
    The plant on my main rock? Thats zipper moss on a mesh...its not meant to be there, I just left it up there so that it can get more light and grow faster! hahaha!
    From there, I cut and tie to rocks that you can see on the bottom left. The mesh is basically the farm

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks bro.
    I seriously need to tidy up the scape and retake a photo. haha.

That foreground is made of flatten marimo balls.
    The plant on my main rock? Thats zipper moss on a mesh...its not meant to be there, I just left it up there so that it can get more light and grow faster! hahaha!
    From there, I cut and tie to rocks that you can see on the bottom left. The mesh is basically the farm

I'm surprise marimo balls can be flatten to achieve that effect. nice

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by calvin18 View Post
    I'm surprise marimo balls can be flatten to achieve that effect. nice
    its not really flatten.. actually torn up and tied to mesh/rock... not really easy... but bro Nav made it sounds so easy... hahahahahaha
    钱不是问题!问题是。。。我没有钱。。。
    花钱像拉屎一样简单,赚钱像吃屎一样难。。。

http://alvinchan80.blog.fc2.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

might be better to lawn using one type of moss maybe using darker green tone moss to highlight the rocks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan

Nav..

This tank how ah? whats it look like now?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

wow. interesting dealing with marimo moss!! a pity they dont grow fast to merge together, if not the patchy look will be gone and it will be nicer!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

agree with Bettacloud anyway it still looks good

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I still remember carrying the tank & cabinet to his place. It really makes me think back.
    Glad that he puts it to good use! Good work!
    Do update us your lastest work.

Best regards
    Fishy Business Elements P/L
    Contact: Roger Goh @ 62412622 / 98259220 / Fax:62425616 | [Retail Space/Store/Gallery] 96C Jalan Senang Level 3 Singapore 418483

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hey, didn't expect to see anymore posts here. Sorry for the lack of updates as I was busy getting married this year

Sadly, the scape is in a mess. There were 2 major power cuts for HDB to replace all the ailing electrical boards and meters in my block in march and the HC really didn't like it.

Without the chiller for a day (and no lights, no CO2 and filtrations!) each time, the HC yellowed and large clumps starting uprooting themselves and melting
    With the HC gone, erosion buried most of the low lying fissidens and marimo...the rest is history

I'm no longer staying at my mum's place (which is where this tank is at) so this project is officially dead. Now its just a shrimp habitat until I can get a 2nd tank up after the honeymoon in september

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hey, didn't expect to see anymore posts here. Sorry for the lack of updates as I was busy getting married this year

Sadly, the scape is in a mess. There were 2 major power cuts for HDB to replace all the ailing electrical boards and meters in my block in march and the HC really didn't like it.

Without the chiller for a day (and no lights, no CO2 and filtrations!) each time, the HC yellowed and large clumps starting uprooting themselves and melting
    With the HC gone, erosion buried most of the low lying fissidens and marimo...the rest is history

I'm no longer staying at my mum's place (which is where this tank is at) so this project is officially dead. Now its just a shrimp habitat until I can get a 2nd tank up after the honeymoon in september

Congrats on the marriage bro! nevermind got new house=welcome for new tanks old tank dont go new tank dont come. hopefully can see another detailed journal again!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Congrats Bro. I will make you another tank after your honeymoon! no worries. but bigger this time! call me.

Best regards

Roger
    Fishy Business Elements P/L
    Contact: Roger Goh @ 62412622 / 98259220 / Fax:62425616 | [Retail Space/Store/Gallery] 96C Jalan Senang Level 3 Singapore 418483

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456