Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: help on solenoid vavle

Feedback Score

help on solenoid vavle

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have a solenoid vavle with 2 gauge,one is the gauge 4 the content of the co2 in the bottle and the other one is pressure for the bubble,it seem that the gauge that show the bubble is on the red reading, which i guess is not correct,the the gauge for the co2 bottle is fast decreasing,can anyone had counter this kind of situation help me please, advise really appreciate.thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    how long have you been using your co2 tank?
    what are the readings on the gauges? (in the red zone doesn't provide any information)
    what are you using to dissolve the co2 into you tank water?
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    been using 4 6month the indicator show 3 kg/2 that is on the red,i really confused of using thisthought would be easier.now had to do it manually,if not the co2 will last me for a week only than had to be refilll again....
    /

Feedback Score
    hi,

i thought the solenoid valve is only used to turn the Co2 on or off in sync with timer? and the regulator gives 2 readings one for Co2 Tank and the other the Co2 outflow?

pardon my ignorance if i got this wrong.

rgds

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    ----------------
    been using 4 6month the indicator show 3 kg/2 that is on the red,i really confused of using thisthought would be easier.now had to do it manually,if not the co2 will last me for a week only than had to be refilll again....
    ----------------
    your post is hard to read and confusing.

so you have been using your tank for 6 monts already?
    you just had it refilled?
    what is the tank pressure?
    the output pressure is around 42.66psi based on your 3 kg/cm2. this is rather high. maybe your regulator is faulty.
    what are you going manually now?

the normal tank pressure is about 950+ psi or 66.8+ kg/cm2.
    working pressure is less than 20psi or 1.4 kg/cm2.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Liam, many thought solenoid valve refering to the whole thing, Pressure Regulator (with 2 gauge) + Solenoid valve (on/off control) + needle valve.

Or maybe we refer it to solenoid in short too frequently

Ai yah,
    Sometime high pressure reading could be meter faulty.....try changing it, I just saw SIM LIM TOWER (basement), one shop selling low pressure gauge for $10 only. It is the same size, try changing it first since it is so cheap.

Pressure is a bit high, but if you can still control the bubble count, it make no sense that you tank is running out fast....because flow rate is flow rate and pressure is just pressure????

I meant, if you maintain the bubble count (flow rate constant) how can your tank run out fast??? unless there is a leak somewhere.

Please be careful, not all regulator come with pressure release valve, when you regulator go faulty, you needle valve may not be able to take 1000psi and may KAH BOOM! no joke...

rgds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Changing the pressure gauge on the current regulator is not advisable unless you know the stuff pretty well (whether it fits plus is it suitable for this type of gas? The amount of torque load applied for tightening the gauge..too much you might break something and too less would leave you with CO2 escaping plus the risk of flying gauge!)

Regarding pressure relief valve...I thought there is already one on the canister? If the pressure in the canister is too great, it would break the seal of the relief valve and extreme cold CO2 gas would escape.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ai YA, why so scared, buy the gauge and get me to screwed....don't think wild...he he.

The type of screw is 1/8' NPT, it is a tapered screw, the more you tighten, the better...something may break?...don't think we have so much strength.

If you can change a tap (water tap), you can change a gauge. Just wind some white teflon tape around the screw and screw it in until way tight. Check with soapy water for leakage.

Ai Yoh, I know lah, the tank has one relief valve, that is for >1000psi... I am talking about the regulator side.....If the regulator didn't do his job by reducing the pressure to 10-20psi...the output pressure is going to be 1000psi and all the equiptment after the regulator(solenoid and needle valve) cannot take that pressure...at that time you will really blow up something and even injured people...no joke here!

bro try taking out the whole thing and fixed it back again most probably not properly fix

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ah yoyo, even more BO KIA SEE...take out everything! way to go man! ...good spirit.

But aside from good spirit....I don't quite agree ... please don't be offended....

If pressure gauge don't read right, there is only two possibilities,
    1. the gauge is faulty....OR
    2. the gauge is good and the pressure really go high.

This is not because of a loose nut...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    My last guest:
    You have a faulty Regulator and you might also have a bad leak!

Where do you get this unreliable Regulator? Go get a change or refund. Hope this is not too late.

Can tell us the history of this Regulator? How old? what brand? from whom you get? bought new or used?
    May be we can help from there....[]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ai Yoh! Pai Seh!....

Just check my JBJ solenoid, also read 3kg/mm2
    I think you see wrongly, how can 3 be in red zone, I think you looked at the tail of the needle, it is in fact pointing in the red zone...ha ha.

IF 3 is OK....then I think you have a serious leak. The tank pressure will always point at 1000psi if there is still liquid co2, the gauge will only decline when the liquid co2 has run out and left only gasous co2.

rgds

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    ----------------
    Just check my JBJ solenoid, also read 3kg/mm2
    ----------------
    is this reading correct?
    3kg/cm2 is already 42.66 psi so 3kg/mm2 is going to be 426.6 psi.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    typo error, sorry...3kg/cm2