Images
    Country
    Singapore

Pleco

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Visited Gan and found that these Suckers are very attractive... was about to buy one but thought these Suckers may suck up my Tetra thinking that it is Algae...

What you guys think which one should I get other then the Farlowella acus (twig Catfish). the zebra one seem nice but Mr Gan was busy serving customers no time to explain to be in detail.
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi limsteel

dont worry of plecos that are suitable for planted tanks attacking your tetras[] ...one thing is for sure is that tetras are too fast for your plecos.

there are only 3 types of plecos that are suitable for planted tanks which are Bristlenose, Tiger, and Zebra. Fellowellas are nice to have as well and they are good for green spot algae.....however do not that Fellowellas are very senstive to NO3 levels...and they dont move very much and likes to rest on the stems of Echinodorus.....I have snipped two fellowellas into two while pruning my plants....
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    [] Better watch before sniping the stems if not u'll mistake the stem for the tail []

Those 3 above mention are very nice imo.

I've kept 2 fawlowella but without big plants or clear openings for them to rest, they can easily get agitated by shrimps and pencil fish where they often mistake them for stems or branches.

Farlowella is pretty nice fish but sad to say not easy to keep in a small planted community tank=(

So i suggest to judge the condition before bringing some new fishstock into your tank.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    What you guys think which one should I get other then the Farlowella acus (twig Catfish). the zebra one seem nice but Mr Gan was busy serving customers no time to explain to be in detail.
    ----------------
    Hi Limsteel, those you saw are not L046 Zebra, they're L333 King Tiger or King Arabaque, if you're looking for pleco to enhance your tank then check out L046 ( shipment should be coming in in 2 weeks time ) but if you're looking for pleco to clear algae then check out the Dwarf Royal Twig, they're much nicer than the farloweela, cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the advise... will take a look again next coming week
    Baby Steel!