Images
    Country
    Singapore

Any cure for Rainbow?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have quite a few rainbow fishes. Recently, two fishes seem to lost their appetite. They normally stay near to the surface of the water and seem to be grapping for air. Lethargic movements, loss of scales. Once in a while, they still swim around. This diseases seem to attack apparently healthy fishes. But, so far only the rainbow fishes is affected. Any cure for this disease? Please advise. Thanks.

Example of how the fish disease look like as per the link below. First picture...

http://www.aquarium.net/0897/0897_4.shtml
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    >>You mean fish tuberculosis??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    But there are numerous reasons for the symptoms that you have described...
    Assuming it is really piscine tuberculosis, then u have to treat it with medication - antibiotics, herbal medicine from Ocean Free or other "Internal-Bacteria Infection" med u can get from the LFS. Not tuberculosis cannot 100% cure one. And you got to clear the free-living bacteria in the tank water with a suitable medicine (depending on yur $ & liking)... or fish can get infected again.
    If you have any open wounds or cuts on your hand, even though they are healing, dun touch the water with tt hand. The mycobacterium spp will enter the open site in the skin, resulting in a cut or wound that won't heal and sometimes even become inflammed. Last time my fish got infected by tuberculosis or sth like tt and I dipped my left hand inside the tank to pick up some water plants. A few months later (now), I find that a small cut on my left palm has not healed at all though it is painless; the area around the site is a little red and raised. Scary leh4...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Now, my other male rainbows few also have that problem. Only male are affected. Humm...may have to dose some medicine before it too late. BTW, this problem had been around on those male fishes for many weeks liao. It seem that it did not get worsen somehow. Humm...but still got to cure them...maybe with salt solution?
    Welcome to visit my-blog