Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A real mess haha

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Yesterday night after my solenoid off, i cut the tube between bubble counter and the solenoid going to install a check valve.

The co2 tube om the output of the bubble counter is connected to external reactor while the canister filter is running. After i cut, water keeps gushing out guess from the tube due to the siphon effect and the water in the bubble counter reduced alot.

I faster install the check valve and attached it back to the bubble counter to prevent any more flow of water out.

As the water level in the bubble counter is super low. I took out the tube on the input of the bubble counter again wanna fill it up with water but the water keeps gushing out and theres no way i can fill it up.

So i thought it was from the filter and faster off it but siphoning effect still goes on and i faster off the input and output tap on my canister filter followed by offing the tap on the output filter hose.(got a tap instaleld on my filter output hose)

Ok the water stops flowing liao but then tried everyway to fill the bubble counter with water but very hard coz i think the bubble counter filled up with air and i attached a tube to the input of the bubble counter trying to pour water into it but it like nvr flow into the bubble counter.

I could not take out the other tube on the output of the bubble counter coz its super tight and scared the connecter might break if not i could just take the whole bubble counter to fill up with water already.

So i attached the tube into the input of the bubble counter, i "store" some water into my mouth and blow the water into the tube into the bubble counter. Finally the bubble counter is filled up with water. By then my floor was quite wet already.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    From your description, I'm guessing you do not have a check valve between your reactor and bubble counter? Time to install one else you'll have to turn off all the taps again the next time you want to disconnect anything along the CO2 piping.

Oh well, lesson learnt...
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/17/2003 12:25:19 PM

From your description, I'm guessing you do not have a check valve between your reactor and bubble counter? Time to install one else you'll have to turn off all the taps again the next time you want to disconnect anything along the CO2 piping.

Oh well, lesson learnt...
    ----------------
    Don't think will happen again coz i installed check valve yesterday night already.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Between your reactor and bubble counter too?
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/17/2003 12:48:03 PM

Between your reactor and bubble counter too?
    ----------------
    Nope. But i was advised only need to install between bubble counter and the solenoid. Yup even when i need to top up water in the bubble counter, i can do swiftly as the water doesnt gush out alot coz the holes on the bubble counter is tiny.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Try to be a bit kiasu...install a check valve between the external reactor and bubble counter as well just in case one of them fails and you would not risk your solenoid going kaput! []
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/17/2003 1:04:00 PM

Try to be a bit kiasu...install a check valve between the external reactor and bubble counter as well just in case one of them fails and you would not risk your solenoid going kaput! []
    ----------------
    thanks for the advice. But i think next time if i ever have to add water into the bubble counter, i'll just off the filter first den both the IN and OUT on the filter followed by offing the tap on the output hose on the filter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    When I switch off the power to my solenoid valve, this caused a vacuum in the CO2 tube,
    which connects to my diffuser (not using bubble counter).

Anyway of preventing this vacuum effect ?

Luckily I had a check valve between the solenoid valve and my diffuser. Now I just leave my
    CO2 on 24 hours a day.

Feedback Score
    I installed 2 check valves on mine.

Just before the reactor and before the input of the bubble counter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Good idea. It pays to be careful. I still have this mentality that my CO2 system might not have enough pressure to pump CO2 into the tank with 2 check valves..

[:0] Doh! Forgot that I'm no longer using a DIY pep bottle.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Some back flow always occur. This is due to the CO2 in the tubing dissolving into the water, pulling the water up.

The water should not pass the check valve.

The purpose of the check valve is to prevent water from getting into the regulator. Water + CO2 --> carbonic acid which may corrode metal.

1 good check valve should do the job.

BC