Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: 1/2Hp chiller is a bit too much for 80l(20galon) tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia

1/2Hp chiller is a bit too much for 80l(20galon) tank?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

I know that for 80l, 1/10Hp chiller should handle it. But from what i'm research, the power chiller will reduce the kick in time, and shorter time cooler the tank. But is 1/2p is a bit too power, and it make a opposite result, consume more power?

Is the used marine chiller can be still be usable for CRS fresh water tank, and how to clean it?

tks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Re: 1/2Hp chiller is a bit too much for 80l(20galon) tank?

Quote Originally Posted by hijack View Post
    Hi guys,

I know that for 80l, 1/10Hp chiller should handle it. But from what i'm research, the power chiller will reduce the kick in time, and shorter time cooler the tank. But is 1/2p is a bit too power, and it make a opposite result, consume more power?

Is the used marine chiller can be still be usable for CRS fresh water tank, and how to clean it?

tks
    Since you have a 1/2 HP chiller, why not just upgrade the size of your tank? A bigger tank is always better for your fauna. I believe you can just rinse the chiller a few times, if you are still worried, you can soak it overnight before one final rinse. Run the chiller and put some fishes to 'test' water first.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 1/2Hp chiller is a bit too much for 80l(20galon) tank?

To clean the chiller, run it the reverse way with a pump and a pail of water. You need hoses to connect to the chiller and pump. The outlet of the chiller should be the inlet and vice versa. Change the water when the gunk start coming out.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.