Feedback Score

Java ferns and Anubias Nana

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear All

When I bot these plants at the shop, they looked very dark green in colour,
    when I planted them in my tank, they turned into very light green in colour.
    Could it be my lights are too strong for these plants and r there any ill effects to these plants. I have 144 watts of lights on my 1 metre tank.
    Thx
    I Love Penang

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Malaysian, from my experience, I think it's to do with the water condition and being newly planted.

When your plants "settle down", the leaves will turn darker green. For me, those attacked by algae will later turn brown...[]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    and maybe the lighting too?
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    For anubias anna and java ferns, new leaves are light green in colour. However if the colour doesn't change to dark green when the leaves mature, most likely it is nutrient difficiency.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I have the same with my 3 bunches of nana. After cutting away those with BBA and leaving them under the shade of taller plants, the new leaves are now darker green in colour.