Thread: needle valve

Feedback Score

needle valve

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

just to check with you guys is that, is it possible to get a steady one bubble per sec? for my case, my bubble per second is very inaccurate. it lost its bubble counting from one bubble per second to maybe like 0.5 bubble per second over a period of few hours. so i guess it's the needle valve giving me the trouble or?

currently, using a regulator + solenoid.

if needle valve is the problem maker, is there any way to solve the problem?

Thanks alot.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Bubble rate is not really important to a planted tank...what you really need to know is your pH/KH values to find CO2 level. Dial the gas to reach a certain pH for a particular KH vice versa.

As your problem, it might be heavy back pressure thus reducing the amount of CO2 gas being pushed through? Are you using a diffuser? For me, my bubble rate usually starts slightly lower but reaches my preset rate after 1/2hr or so.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    thanks Peter.

another question. is there a range of Ph value and Kh for us to follow?. or recommended range?.

and so, what if i find my Kh too high or too low and same goes for the Ph. what is needed to alter it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It really depends on the type of critters and fishes you intend to keep. If they are not of any issues, then set the KH to a particular level using baking soda or KH up stuff and then add CO2 gas ONLY to bring the pH down to the required CO2 level.

Maybe a tip before you start adding CO2 is to take measurements of pH and KH and then find out how CO2 you have without injection. If it reads more than 3-4ppm of CO2, then something else is affecting either the KH or pH. A way to get around it might be to subtract the extra CO2 concentration off from the final result.

Example: Without CO2 injection, CO2 level is 8ppm (ambient CO2 is 3-4ppm)
    After CO2 injection: CO2 level reads 25ppm (Actual CO2 should be 20ppm assuming ambient CO2 is 3ppm). This is a rough estimate but should get you pretty close though...although I must add that the non-carbonate buffer leeching rate might vary alot...why add those non-carbonate buffer in the first place? []
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    points noted. thanks alot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ioner, post a pic of your equiptment, Regulator, solenoid and needle valve, and brand.

I smell something fishy.

rgds

Feedback Score
    what's so fishy about my post?.

nope, don't have the picture.

but i bought this solenoid + regulator from other forum.

the brand is Kare's.

it's a single guage regulator cum solenoid.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Not your post fishy...your icon fishy...its a fish right?

No...I mean your equiptment fishy.

It sounds like you bought it from AquaRealms member. right? I may know who.

Anyway..
    your problem is common to manual regulator...but not a 2gauge Regulator with Solenoid.

Actually manual regulator is all bull ShXt, it is not a regulator at all. After go through all the pain (I was from there), I realise that it is just a throttle valve, in blunt, on off valve with fine control.

The real staff is the 2 gauge regulator. It first step down the high tank pressure (1000psi) to 20-30psi. At this pressure it can then be handle by needle valve and solenoid.

After talking so much, realise that it is lightly you needly valve problem, go to NA and get it change...
    If still not right, then it could be you regulator. the stepped down pressure is not held constant (regulator's duty) fluctuating.

Feedback Score
    yap, but mine is a single guage regulator.

nope, didnt get the solenoid + reglator from aquarealms.

i called up NA today, but they told me that they don't sell the needle value but as in a whole set they do.

what's the difference between the single guage regulator n and double?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't get confused by single or double gauge regulator.

In general people may refer to the manual regulator as single gauge regulator.

But I believe yours is not the same case, I know a bit about this k brand.
    Some manufacturer just try to save cost by not installing the 2nd gauge to read the output pressure....not important.

You have a solenoid, thus safe safe, not a manual regulator..its a proper one.

Feedback Score
    alright, thanks alot too..

once i get hold of a digicam i'll try to take a picture down.