Country
    Singapore

General info on plants

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

I'm not into planted tanks but I am keeping plants in my tanks so that the fish have places to hide and to "maintain" the quality of the water. However I have some qns, hope that the experts here are help to answer.

1)Why do some of my plants turn yellow and die off even though there are sufficient light?

2)Does chlorinate water straight from the taps harm plants?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    plants turning yellow can be due to changing of emerse to submerse leave, deficiency/lack of certain nutrients in the water (K,P,N,FE?) or terrarium plant dying of after a few months

the amount of chlorine present in our tapwater isnt harm, but certain sensitive plants like cryptos do sometimes melt when fresh water is poured directly on them.. other than that, I dun think plants have any problems with our tapwater (in SG of coz)

a) Plants need CO2 and nutrients/minerals/trace elements beside lighting to grow well.

b) Not that I heard of...But I always use anti-chlorine whenever I do water changes.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Do hardy plants like java moss, Anubias etc needs special treatment such co2 injection, specialized fertilizers also? Will the waste/co2 from fishes be sufficient to provide the nutrients?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    fish waste wouldnt be enuff.. I have java moss and I hardly fertilzing the tank and they r growing fine, plants like anbias need low light, and if u over provide or if they have direct light then u will expect algae to grow on them as they r really slow growers