Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Nice, keep up the good work!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: My nano tank

Nice tank you have! Love all the fishes you have! Hardy and beautiful!
    Love that Banggai!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nice tank was going to start 1

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cbr_400_cbr View Post
    Nice tank was going to start 1

No need to drag out old thread with such replies.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If old threads are not to be posted or read then delete the thread. I didn't even really notice the start date by the way Mr BFG.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

And also I'm not trying to be funny or what it's just i happen to be a newbie and was asking for advises, if you have the answers will appreciate it if not thanks to stop giving sarcastic comments like 'go Google yourself'.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    No need to drag out old thread with such replies.
    err... we are not allowed to give comment or opinion to other member's tank after certain time limit?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

And also I'm not trying to be funny or what it's just i happen to be a newbie and was asking for advises, if you have the answers will appreciate it if not thanks to stop giving sarcastic comments like 'go Google yourself'.

true to certain extend... some may be just lazy to search for answers themselves and expect other to just feed them answers, it is common for newbies to behave like that in any forums. but if google is the way, why we still need forum? such comments like 'go Google yourself' is really unnecessary. we are a newbie once before too, why can't we just be more friendly to them? just my thought.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

@ Jimmy, you are right on. But 2 posts I made was just picked on by Mr BFG here. I wondered have I offended him or what....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

@ Jimmy, you are right on. But 2 posts I made was just picked on by Mr BFG here. I wondered have I offended him or what....

Actually, it easy for forum visitors, including possibly veterans, to miss the date of a post, thinking that it is a current post.
    This is a common occurrence on forums of all types, and it is also common for other visitors (but not moderators) to hit out at others for 'digging out' an old post. to comment on.

Anyway, a bit of understanding do go a long way to build goodwill and friendliness.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Etiquette, especially forum etiquette, is a behavioral problem in my opinion. Sure, newbie is here to learn but where are the patience to accumulate the knowledge? Since you claimed a newbie, why not start your own thread? Its free. One liner replies from thread that the thread starter has moved on from, even the thread starter do not reply back. What does a reply like " Nice tank " lead to? Nothing!

For your info, the replies that I've seen in the marine section are mostly to accumulate posting number for the privilege to sell goods at the marketplace. Use and abuse. It's free right? Nobody monitoring closely right? This is my conclusion when I see this types of replies. If you post such replies when the thread starter was present, I'm sure he or she would be happy but many months to years, its kinda...........

As a newbie, starting a thread is better, you will receive replies from other veteran, as you would have given information for your own setup. No 2 tanks are the same and mileage may vary. Another thing is to read up alot!

The reefing side of the aquatic hobby is not for those who rush into it blindly, it is a whole different ball game. Yes it is aquatic but thats where the similarity ends. Everyone is welcome to try but those who planned it meticulously will reach their goal, hopefully.

This is the hard truth. I cant soften it. It is in my interest that you succeed but if you're going in blindly, you only waste money and time. It is expensive, believe me, you would not want to fail. My best advise is to read up in ReefCentral.com . I know I am linking to another forum but that is where most of my information I gather, even for planted tank, is from that site. The knowledge is up to date, for live stock and equipment. Then post your own thread in this forum, you still need local contact and exposure too!

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by BFG; 20th Jul 2015 at 13:36.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Well who knows whelter thread starter will reply or not, anyway it's a forum and as you said it's free and It's a compliment for the owner be it being an old thread and still around at the forums first few pages.Does It took up your computer's memory space to be an eyesore? Lol. Anyway I'm gonna move on and not bugging on this so don't bother replying.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Don't mind I say, like this can be quite jialat for some newbies. Because maybe they browse-browse around and found a thread they like and then submit a reply without noticing the date. Sekali kena tekan then make them so malu, lol. Actually no harm, lah. Old or new thread still can entertain, lah. Small matter.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    Don't mind I say, like this can be quite jialat for some newbies. Because maybe they browse-browse around and found a thread they like and then submit a reply without noticing the date. Sekali kena tekan then make them so malu, lol. Actually no harm, lah. Old or new thread still can entertain, lah. Small matter.
    Try digging an old thread from other forum with the replies like what was mentioned and see what you get. It is called forum etiquette. It is the same everywhere. Newbie failed to realised this. Tekan, malu, nothing is connected with this. Sometimes the topic in the old thread are irrelevant due to better solution and ideas that was tried and tested.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Never expect my tank tread to be so active after one year. But time do change..... i had since upgraded my tank to 3 ft ios . Made by n30. Some recent photos to share...uploadfromtaptalk1437486567457.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437486585257.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437486604242.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437486621717.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437486637401.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12