Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: finally it's here… the Jaguar shrimp!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

finally it's here… the Jaguar shrimp!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    latest… cheo or not? [:] eats algae too.

why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wah cross breed??? ... quite nice but pix not too clear!!! ... where did u get it?
    ... always look at the bright side of life

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Uncle Choy, get from where?
    I also wan!
    Lyon © I would rather walk a thousand leagues then to see your ugly face

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My Malayan shrimp sometime change to this color??? What is the price range??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    erm, malayan can change to yellow?? wow.... saw reddish, blusish n the normal translucent forms b4.... yeah.... how much of a jaguar??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    this shrimp very expensive, in fact, priceless, because can only be found in my tank, hahahaha [] actually I think it must be a natural hybrid of all those shrimps I threw into the tank, colours range from cream to translucent with the brown/black blotches and stripes. strangely I did not get any pure tigers and bees, and only some cherries. maybe change name to rojak shrimp []
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Mr Choy

I have to say that you are the champion at the moment....what did you do to get your shrimps to cross breed.....????....your tank I presume is in front of a DVD and TV right......whahahahhahaa
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/30/2003 9:45:46 PM
    Mr Choy

I have to say that you are the champion at the moment....what did you do to get your shrimps to cross breed.....????....your tank I presume is in front of a DVD and TV right......whahahahhahaa
    ----------------
    clearly Discovery Channel is really educational [] [] []

Feedback Score
    hahahaha david nice try there... LoL
    DvD's and TV's might not juz b enuf.. mayb VCds?
    SEIYU SEN JIKO!!! TOP PIORITY GOES TO MOI FISHES!!!

Feedback Score
    i've got a malayan that looks like that too..
    and another malayan thats red just like a cherry...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    never seen malayans with tiger stripe, however I've seen them in all kind of colours, trouble is I couldn't figure out what makes them show their colours.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tee hee hee

Mr Choy how many of them are there now...more pics please....they are very nice[]
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Mmmmm...colours for ranking of status???
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    David, you know my hairgrass is like a jungle, even a 4-in Rasbora sumatrana can take cover inside if it wants to. Based on latest sitrep, several brigades of these Choy's elite Jaguar troops (albeit in various stages of combat readiness) have been seen operating in the dense forest. Exact number is unknown but there are a lot. Only way to count is if we carpet bomb the place or perhaps conduct defoliation operations (i.e. cut the hairgrass) []

The interesting thing is, the original shrimps that went into the tank are cherry, tiger, bee, taiwan and malayan. So far cherry and taiwan seem to breed true, while everything else produces F1/F2 of the "Jaguar" variety. What this may mean is that tiger and bee are actually strains of the same species and they readily interbreed.

Lots of pregnant mosquitoes too but so far have not seen any juvenile. As for yamato, I have seen some rather small ones so there is a possibility that they are also breeding, but I have never seen any pregnant yamatoes.

Conclusion is that algae-infested hairgrass maybe a helluva shrimp breeding ground, so those shrimp enthusiasts out there, you know what to try next

Peter, if colour denotes rank, then the brown blotchy jaguar must be chao private GD man []

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    wah man really envy ur tank with all the shripms multiplying like nobody's business. Is your tank running with a chiller, any other details you wan to share??

For me my tank is like a luohan's lair, any shrimp that goes in ends up in heaven hahaha...but i dont keep luohan.... : )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    no chiller, I think it is the hairgrass forest that is providing so much cover for the fries. also the hair algae (those fluffy ball-like dark green/black ones) amongst the base of the hairgrass plus all those microorganisms must be feeding them very sell.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    oic, i always tot they need to be in a cooler environment like 25C to start to multiply.

my tank with all the lights is ranging average 30C manz...

do u feed them special diet or u let them scavange around for remnants?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    they just crawl around to their own device. like I said once there is good cover and algae to eat, they should do fine on their own. temperature is probably around 28°C. you can tell if they're feeding well by looking at that "sh/t line" near their back, if it is "empty" or translucent clearly they're starving but it is black black full of sh/t then they are stuffing their face [:]