1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Lushgro-Aqua

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, does anyone know if it contains phosphate? The label did not list P as one of the nutrients but N and K and other traces are listed. If i follow EI dosing guideline, do I still need to add additional potassium seperately?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Lushgro-Aqua

Yes you are required to. Im using that as well with Lush micros, PO4 and other K stuffs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks bro. Actually, my question was do I need to add phosphate and potassium as well when using lushgro-Aqua. I'm using Seachem trace and iron in additional.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yes i mentioned that i also dose PO4 and other K stuffs additionally

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

No, there is no PO4 in LushGRO Aqua. You have to add yours

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

sorry to hijack this post but I'm also looking into lushgro aqua and from what I seen, the magnesium contend is really low in the fertiliser and obviously as stated above, there is no phosphate. i don't see any calcium too. Does anyone here top up ther fert by adding magnesium and calcium besides adding phosphate?

The second question is, why dose both lushgro aqua and lushgro micro when the content is essentially the same? The only main difference being micro having more micronutrient and iron. However, using a simple calculation using the excel spreadsheet, I would get more than sufficient iron by dosing Lushgro aqua on it's own. So does anyone knows why user double dose the same product?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Calcium. Magnesium and Phosphorous content in LUSHGro-AQUA have been purposely kept low as most of the fish feed and fish feces contain these elements just enough for a few aquatic plants. If the user wants more of these elements, these can be supplemented by adding Calcium Chloride or Calcium Nitrate, Magnesium Sulphate and Potassium Phosphate @ 1g/100 litres of water during every water change.

LUSHGro-AQUA is ideal for normal aquarium with normal green flora. LUSHGro-MICROS is added as a supplement when you have more than the normal number of plants especially those with coloured foliage. Extra iron and other micro-elements enhance the colour of the foliage and gives a brighter look for the planted tanks. Micros is just a colour enhancer.

Alfred Ang
    General Manager of Eco City Hydroponics Pte Ltd
    Website: www.ecocityhydroponics.com | Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ecocityhydroponics
    Email: [email protected] | HP: +65 96983731

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Oh thanks a lot for the explanation. Do you know if one can dose the extra Calcium, magnesium and potassium phosphate into the same bottle to do a one off dosing? Or will the potassium phosphate have to be dose separately or else the iron will precipitated?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi

Please do not mix Calcium and Phosphorous - they become Calcium Phosphate and both elements will become insoluble and unavailable. Recommended to dose Calcium separately.

EDTA iron will not precipitate.

All others can be mixed together.
    Alfred Ang
    General Manager of Eco City Hydroponics Pte Ltd
    Website: www.ecocityhydroponics.com | Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ecocityhydroponics
    Email: [email protected] | HP: +65 96983731

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wow that makes it so much more convenient. Moderate hard water + phosphate + lush gro aqua and I'm ready to go.