51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Anubias barteri var Nana suddenly turning yellow

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Personally, I don't think it is due to the light as I have the following plants in my tank "Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold", "mini" and "Garbon", Crypto Parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Bacopa Monnieri, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa", and most of them are low or low-medium tech and they are all doing well except for the Nana Gold and mini. I feel that it is due to the temperature of the water and I have added a fan to test my theory, and will update the progress.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i am at 26~27 degree, giving tolerance. Still got brown... some of them i trim growing leaves. Need to be colder? i see friend's tanks at 28~29, all green. His all high tech, so i am thinking is it due to CO2? Although i am told nana should be hardy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

bringing up an old thread here while searching for similar yellowing of nana. any of you managed to resolve this?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Bros,

may i know if any bros manage to find out what causing it? is the temp really need to be lowered? i have same symptom in my tank please advice anyone...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I am growing my Nanas Petite in my 1.5ft. More than 30+ stalks tied on Bogwoods, Lava Rocks. I dose Seachem Flourish Excel daily and Microbe-Lift's Bloom and Gro weekly. Only 2 stalks out of the whole tank's Nanas have this yellowing problem. I am using Aquazonic's Sirius LED lightset, on for more than 12 hours a day. I suspect it could be due to a lack of trace elements, but without any test kits for those, I can't confirm. Am going to try dosing some Seachem Flourish Nitrogen and monitor further.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Jon-san, you seems to have the basic nutients except maybe potassium; which could explained the yellowings.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

mine tied the nana on the upper side of the driftwood, the stem is not buried but the roots are also hanging not long enough to reach the substrate... anyone know whether will there be any issue with this/any difference if the roots can reach the substrate (may be can get more nutrients)?

thanks...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Not suppose to be buried in the sand, nanas are "aerial" plants.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Glad that this thread had been revived after a long break. I have a few anubias family in my tank and after some time, they are now doing fine again. Anubias are not suppose to be buried into the substrate or their roots will rot, but there are ways to overcome this issue. Some tied them to driftwood, bogwood or even to lava rock, but you can also tied them to ceramic rings which is what I am doing.You can bury the ceramic ring into the substrate and leaving the entire plant just above the soil.
    A Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    My 2 ft tank
    Flora: Anubias barteri var Nana, var "Gold" and "mini", Crypto Wendtii, C.parva, Marsilea Hirsuta, Flame Moss, Hygrophila Polysperma, H.Violacea & H.Corymbosa, US Fissiden
    Fauna: Guppy, Pelvicachromis Pulcher, Nannacara Anomala, Laetacara Araguaiae 'Buckelkopf'

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Bros,

below is the leaf of my nana, beside the yellowish color, some round brown patch also coming out (both is attached to driftwood not buried) i read somewhere saying something like calcium deficiency... disaster come last week when i put some fert and it end-up 2 of my tetra and 1 cory died , so i'm putting some dead coral in the filter, not sure if it will help with the calcium...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by guppee View Post
    Jon-san, you seems to have the basic nutients except maybe potassium; which could explained the yellowings.
    Thanks for the tip and sorry for the late reply. Funnily enough, I went and bought the Seachem Flourish Potassium without reading your post. Started dosing about 2 weeks back. The yellowing seems to have stopped, although I now do have some problems with GSA... *arrrrgggh* *ripping hair out*... Does GSA spread through the water onto other healthy plants? Have noticed this GSA only popped up on some of the newer Nanas I bought from a bro on the low side. I have since managed to clear at least 60% of that batch from the GSA, but there's this few stalks that just persistently continue having the GSA come back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12