Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Suspect body fungus on fish

Feedback Score

Suspect body fungus on fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I suspect one of my elephant nose fish is infected with body fungus. There is a white cotton wool patch on its body. What should I buy to kill the bacteria and also, will it be harmful to the fishes, shrimps or plants?

Thanks

Got the below info from this site, http://fish.orbust.net/fish-disease.html

Body Fungus Body Fungus is just that, fungus. It will attack your fish's skin and cause ulcers or death in extreme cases. Large amounts of organic materials such as decaying food or fish waste can cause a breakout of fungus in your aquarium. Open wounds can develop fungus. The fungi feeds by excreting digestive enzymes which if it’s on the fish, slowly digests parts of the fish. Though cured easily, if the fish doesn't get prompt treatment it will surely die. Secondary infections are also common.
    Symptoms: White or grayish patches appear on the skin or gills that look like cotton or wool.
    Treatment: Either purchase a treatment from your local fish/pet store specifically for fungus or buy an all round antibacterial treatment such as Melafix.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    eGGs

Check if your elephant nose is able to accept salt treatment. If yes aquarium salt is very good against fungus. Salt your tank.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...